Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
renewal certificate digital need

Digital Certificate - need for renewal?
Just a quickie, I hope! Chatting to a friend the other day, they suggested that the Digital Certificate has a fixed term, and needs to be renewed after a period - two years, they think. I can’t tell them they are wrong because it’s not something I’d even considered..... Can anyone advise, please? Does my Digital Certificate, which I do use regularly, require a periodic renewal? That would seem unduly cruel after the hassle of getting it set up!
1 user says Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
The one I got is valid for 4 years, some are just for 2 years I think. 
I know what you mean, after all the palaver!
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Mine is 4 years, you can check by viewing the certificate.
Working on it, one step closer  Cool
2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
I assume, then, that it’s going to be a matter of going through the whole process again? Nothing as simple as a confirmatory (“yes, still me, still here, still need it”) online system? Sigh!
1 user says Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
The process dosnt seem too complicated. Instructions taken from here: https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/certificado...ca/renovar

Renew Certificate
The process of renewing your Natural Person Certificate may be carried out during the 60 days prior to the expiration date of your certificate and as long as it has not been previously revoked.
How can I know when my certificate expires?
The renewal consists of three steps that must be carried out in the order indicated:
  1. Previous configuration . To renew the certificate, it is necessary to install the software indicated in this section.

2. Request the renewal Make sure you have your FNMT Certificate of Natural Person ready on the computer from which you are going to request the renewal. At the end of this process we will send you an Application Code that you will need in order to download your renewed certificate.

3. Download the certificate . Approximately 1 hour after requesting the renewal and using the request code that we have sent to your email account, from here you can download and install your renewed certificate and make a backup ( RECOMMENDED ).
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
6 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
That looks hopeful McAdam, no going places for ID etc. Thanks for the info.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obtaining a Digital Certificate / Digital Signature TamaraEnLaPlaya 20 5,274 04-02-2021, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Rome77
  Empadron vía digital certificate gattaca66 3 1,175 15-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: McAdam
  Digital signature Witmaj 4 720 24-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya