This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura dogs mess

Dogs mess in Fuerteventura
Hello all,

Is it just me? lots of dogs mess all over Fuerteventura, I have never seen so much dogs mess!.

I have been watching a lot of dog owners who pick up their dogs mess and some wash down with water, brilliant well done but what is being done about the irresponsible dog owners?.

Since the start of lockdown and with no tourists around it must be a lot easier to catch dog owners who do not pick up?.

We are in the Corralejo area and the local authorities have been doing a great job by having a clean up of bad areas with lots of dogs mess but a few days later is back again!.
2 users say Thank You to tigga1958 for this post
Reply Quote
It's a serious problem here in Caleta also. Certain complexes have great piles outside where a few irresponsible residents obviously can't even be bothered to give the dog more than 10ft of a walk, much less clean up after them. Some people just do not give a— Well.  Rolleyes

Would love to see these people being fined! They're spoiling the footpaths for everyone and giving dog owners a bad name.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(21-06-2020, 02:18 AM)Ducks Wrote: It's a serious problem here in Caleta also. Certain complexes have great piles outside where a few irresponsible residents obviously can't even be bothered to give the dog more than 10ft of a walk, much less clean up after them. Some people just do not give a— Well.  Rolleyes

Would love to see these people being fined! They're spoiling the footpaths for everyone and giving dog owners a bad name.

Although I do not want to see any picture's of it, I cannot imagine it is worse up there than it is down here in Costa Caca as I call it (Costa Calma). It's fairly disgusting all over, but once you cross the main road from the hotel side of the town to the residencial side there are literally whole patches of empty ground that look far less dusty/sandy than the rest, and it isn't leaf/plant matter that has created that 'soil' I can tell for you sure!!  Poop
3 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
(11-07-2020, 07:01 PM)Lexeus Wrote:
(21-06-2020, 02:18 AM)Ducks Wrote: It's a serious problem here in Caleta also. Certain complexes have great piles outside where a few irresponsible residents obviously can't even be bothered to give the dog more than 10ft of a walk, much less clean up after them. Some people just do not give a— Well.  Rolleyes

Although I do not want to see any picture's of it, I cannot imagine it is worse up there than it is down here in Costa Caca as I call it (Costa Calma). It's fairly disgusting all over, but once you cross the main road from the hotel side of the town to the residencial side there are literally whole patches of empty ground that look far less dusty/sandy than the rest, and it isn't leaf/plant matter that has created that 'soil' I can tell for you sure!!  Poop

You're right— we were there a few times in 2018 and it was definitely worse where you're talking about. Disgraceful— maybe in these times of economic hardship, the Police could raise funds by fining people who flout the law?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
In Corra I only see it in the hidden paths or areas where only pedestrians can go. There are some owners who simply do not care, but I have seen more owners picking up than just turning a blind eye.
If you think this is bad, try taking a walk at night in Berlin. Every time I got out of the car I had to check to make sure there wasn't going to be something waiting for me on the grassy part of the pavement.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Noticed it a lot in Caleta last week, never really noticed it on previous visits. Surely with visitors to be encouraged they need to do something about it. It is not just in residential areas but all over.
3 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:15 AM)Jason W Wrote: Noticed it a lot in Caleta last week, never really noticed it on previous visits. Surely with visitors to be encouraged they need to do something about it. It is not just in residential areas but all over.

I think the difference is that when the elections or something similar are coming up you see all the yellow jacket brigades going out cleaning up the streets, but it's the tourist bits that they are actually cleaning. Bot once have I seen them cleaning the residencial areas, that is the job of the November Storms!! Big Grin
2 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
Under the motto 'For a clean capital, collect the excrement of your pets', the mayor Juan Jiménez , explains that “ this campaign tries to sensitize the population of the responsibility of the dogs and the cleaning that must be taken into account to keep Puerto del Rosario clean. All this with the aim of contributing to the well-being of the rest of the residents. ”

In addition, the first mayor of Puerto Rico adds that since July 9 , the City Council also launched the campaign 'Do not leave a trace' , with the “intention also of creating awareness, promotion and example in the management of cleaning and pet ownership of the capital municipality. A campaign promoted by the Department of Animal Welfare, Public Health and Environment, in which the Department of Services, Towns and Neighbourhoods also participates , as well as the Local Police and Traffic service of Puerto del Rosario , in charge of the reordering of the animal ownership regulations, since in case of non - compliance the collection and cleaning of solids and liquids pets spaces the municipality waste will produce to issue sanctions and penalties to respect. "

The 'Don't Leave a Footprint' campaign has made posters available to the public with information about it, as well as statements of sanctions for non-compliance with the rules and delivery, at street level, by the different towns and neighbourhoods of Puerto del Rosary of cleaning kits for pet waste .

For his part, the councillor for the area, José Juan Herrera , explained that “ we are aware that the majority of citizens have exemplary civic conduct and are very responsible in terms of caring for their pets, but sometimes this is not the case. For this reason, we request the collaboration of the dog owners so that, together, we can have a city free of excrement . ”

The Municipal Animal Regulatory Ordinance of the Puerto del Rosario City Council establishes that the owners of dogs or other pets must be provided at all times with a bag or any other element that allows them to fulfil the obligation to collect possible defecation of your animals when they transit through public spaces.

Failure to comply with these obligations will result in the imposition of fines of up to € 150.25, which, in the event of repetition, may amount to € 1,500.

http://www.puertodelrosario.org/index.ph...s-mascotas
I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote