This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
problems pigeons

Pigeons problems
Having lots of problems with pigeons round the pool. Anyone else having problems? Any solutions? Do bad thinking of poisoning them
2 users say Thank You to keith.torrance for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum Keith!

Having a cat/dog around might help. So does a plastic owl. But I believe, pigeons are not fans of anything shiny that reflects sunlight. If you have a tin foil, try to run it around a few flower pots or some other objects like the owl, cat or dog. 😆
Anyway, if the tin foil work, look around for some galvanised flower pots or reflective pinwheels like the one attached bellow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
They're probably doves rather than pigeons, well, over Tindaya way they are!

All Sam's suggestions are worth trying but various friends of mine have had no luck with them. 

One that did work was a model hawk on a long springy wire (possibly a carbon fibre rod) that swooped around in the breeze. Unfortunately it didn't last long - if you could get a quality one it would be well worth a try. Perhaps adapt an old fishing rod?

Another friend had problems with them on a roof terrace in Corralejo. He is having success with a series of 2M canes set upright around the terrace. Each one has a slightly shorter length (1.8M) of ribbon tied to the top. This snakes around in the breeze.

My terrier constantly chases the ones that land on the ground in my garden - the doves just go and sit on something higher until she goes after something else, then they are back on the ground to use her water bowl!

Good luck!
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Agree with Tamara, we have tried all sorts of things to no avail, they seem to just get used to the spikes fluttering ribbons plastic owl, and shiny chimney cowl that rotates in the wind.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
You need to entice some of those feral cats in around the pool.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Took some pics in downtown Caleta, not sure how effective they are.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pigeons - problem getting worse keith.torrance 2 1,232 21-07-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Squatter Problems Carl Kidd 4 2,424 07-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Carl Kidd