This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
drug closed network smuggling

Drug smuggling network closed
Copied from 'News from the Canary Islands':

Policia Nacional have arrested 19 people in an operation that has dismantled a network run from Barcelona that transported cocaine by plane to Fuerteventura by ‘mules’ or human couriers who ingest the drug or attach it to their bodies.

The Police statement said that the judge dealing with the case had ordered that 16 of the 19 detainees should be sent to prison, including the two leaders of the organisation, who operated from Barcelona. 3.4 kilos of cocaine were seized during this Police operation.
The detainees, aged between 29 and 41 years and most with previous Police records, formed the ‘mules’ that smuggled these drugs into Fuerteventura.
Most of those arrested operated from Barcelona, but brought the cocaine to municipalities of Antigua, Puerto del Rosario and Corralejo, where in addition to the cocaine, 21,800 euros in cash was seized from this organisation.

Really good news!
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Oh no  Confused   and you would think that there is no trouble in our Fuerte paradise. I wonder if those drugs were for the tourists or residents Big Grin
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
1 user says Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
Both tourists and locals.  There is a lot of cocaine addiction around.
1 user says Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I always thought the cocaine is coming to the island straight from Latino America not from mainland Europe. Great work of the officers, breaking the whole ring instead of catching a couple of "low rank" dealers.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(13-02-2019, 08:42 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Both tourists and locals.  There is a lot of cocaine addiction around.

Really? I am quite surprised.   Thumbs Down
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
1 user says Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
(13-02-2019, 03:29 PM)Mia Wrote: Really? I am quite surprised.   Thumbs Down

Cocaine use is rife in every "civilised" country.
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Perhaps one reason why Emmi's friend, who is a high ranking officer in the Guardia Civi,l is not to happy about the ferry to / from Morocco proposal.
I'm sure this would create an ideal route for drug traffickers. 

(31-01-2019, 12:02 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Interestingly, I have a friend who is a high ranking officer in the Guardia Civil, he too is not happy at the new ferry proposal.
2 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote
You are right Gone Fishing......he is not happy at all.
1 user says Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Wink 
(14-02-2019, 10:51 AM)Gone Fishing Wrote: I'm sure this would create an ideal route for drug traffickers. 
I should perhaps add that this is pure conjecture on my part and I am not speaking from personal experience  Smile
1 user says Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote
(14-02-2019, 05:15 PM)Gone Fishing Wrote:
(14-02-2019, 10:51 AM)Gone Fishing Wrote: I'm sure this would create an ideal route for drug traffickers. 
I should perhaps add that this is pure conjecture on my part and I am not speaking from personal experience  Smile

Way too late GF Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drug Dealer arrested Caleta de Fuste TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 183 22-02-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Lanzarote - drug dealer jailed TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 97 21-02-2024, 08:39 PM
  Drug trafficking Org dismantled in Canaries TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 285 22-08-2023, 07:45 PM
  2 arrested: robbery, drug trafficking and sexual assault TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 475 23-06-2023, 08:08 PM
  Arrested/investigated for drug trafficking TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 354 01-06-2023, 08:44 PM