This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
heater water electric packing

Electric Water heater packing up
Hi all
Just back in Fuerte for a well earned break and noticed our Junkers Electric 30 litre 1500w water heater is leaking. 
Had it for 3 years now so no complaints and would like to replace like for like if possible as I would like to do it myself.
Any ideas Where to buy (we are in Costa Calma and have a hire car so able to travel) and how easy are they to install?
Any special tools required?
Thanks in advance
Keith
2 users say Thank You to keith edwards for this post
Reply Quote
Best bet is Ideal or Electron in Rosario....or there’s an ideal in Gran Tarajal which is nearer...or a local Ferretaria if there is one near you.
A 30 litre shouldnt be difficult to install, even easier if you buy the same make as the brackets might be the same. You need to drain it first before removing the old one. An adjustable spanner to get the connection pipes off, a drill if you need to drill new holes.....Oh, and some ptfe(plumbers tape) to seal the new connectors.
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
I would do it ASAP otherwise you might end up with a flood!
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
Good advice from Decho.  It is easy to replace if the brackets are in the right place.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
We replaced ours a few months ago, easy to do and we paid about 100 euro for the new one (electron in PDR).
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
All done thanks.
Needed to get a larger drill bit for expansion bolts that came with heater but apart from that easy to do.
Ideal at Gran Tarajal had what I needed. 
Cheers
Keith
4 users say Thank You to keith edwards for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric scooter or electric unicycle Naturelover56 7 747 24-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: beachlife