This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
march europe flights

Flights from Europe after 31 March
(18-03-2019, 02:00 PM)erik_tonny Wrote: I'm talking about flights from european airports. Not british airports.
UK is not europe !
Maybe still a part of the european union, but that will soon change

Can you be more specific, please? What airports/flight numbers?

FYI: The UK is a part of the Europe.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2019, 02:00 PM)erik_tonny Wrote: I'm talking about flights from european airports. Not british airports.
UK is not europe !
Maybe still a part of the european union, but that will soon change

Fuerteventura was under Eu flight rules and Prestwick not will not be the last time I looked.
1 user says Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2019, 01:09 PM)JRasputin Wrote: If you try to book Ryanair from Fuerteventura to Prestwick after March 31st the calendars blank.

Ryanair have closed that route down unfortunately?
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
As Decho said it must be the route. No problem FUE to EMA

2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2019, 11:41 AM)erik_tonny Wrote: It is not possible to find or book flights on easyjet or ryanair from European airports for dates after 31 march.
This is for flights that are based in Europe. 
You can find a flight to UK if the plane is based in stadford or so.

Please explain, where did you get this information from?

And what does "You can find a flight to UK if the plane is based in stadford or so." mean?
2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
I hope that Erik was just trying to help fellow Fuerteventura lovers, will pop in and explain everything. Fingers Crossed
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Wink 
(18-03-2019, 12:28 PM)LSam Wrote:
(18-03-2019, 12:05 PM)Rasputin Wrote: Correction not possible to book Fuerteventura to Prestwick.

What dates Rasputin?

I would expect the airlines to actually make some promo due to the uncertainty and slash the prices. Not to stop selling the tickets at all. It doesn't makes a financial sense.

That I think is due to Ryanair stopping flights to & from Fuerte from Prestwick. Nothing to do with Brexit as far as I am aware  Wink
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry for not getting back sooner but no flights from Fuerteventura to Glasgow prestwick after 31 March on Ryanair site. They seem to have all the other airports they operate to up for booking. 
Of course if a no deal Brexit happens they will have to pull them even if it’s only on a temporary basis. The same goes for all the Eu carriers. It will be internal U.K. flights only.
1 user says Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
The Prestwick-Fue flight has been discontinued, perhaps indefinitely or perhaps just for a short time. No idea why; any time I am at the airport, it always has a long boarding queue, so I don't think it's lack of numbers! Presumably they want the planes for another route that might be better performing?

Considering that most people pay for either 2 pieces of carry-on or checked luggage as Fuerte is a holiday destination, I find that a surprise, but perhaps they could run a shorter route (Dublin-Birmingham, for example) back and forth twice (DUB-BHX-DUB-BHX) in the same time, making more Money and also having the plane at a new location at the end of the 4-5 hours? I don't work in the airline business, but I'm sure they have their reasons— they don't do anything that won't make Money!

Very sorry for those who use the service, though, as I'm sure prices will shoot up on whatever other carriers remain available. I live in dread of them doing the same at Dublin: that's another flight that's almost always full, but who knows what their priorities are these days?

The Canaries might be able to negotiate a better deal to allow holiday-makers in the wake of Brexit than most places, though? They're already classed as non-EU according to the airport, who won't allow you to do shop and collect if it's your destination, presumably because of the tax situation. Maybe that will extend to airline travel, too? We can only hope.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(24-03-2019, 12:18 PM)Rasputin Wrote: Of course if a no deal Brexit happens they will have to pull them even if it’s only on a temporary basis. The same goes for all the Eu carriers. It will be internal U.K. flights only.

Have just read this on EasyJet website:

Quote:Will easyJet still be able to fly to Europe?

Yes, regardless of the outcome of Brexit you will still be able to fly between the UK and the EU. Even if there is no-deal the European Commission and the UK government have said that UK airlines will still be able to operate flights between the UK and the EU.
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
3 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote