Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
commemorates wetlands day fuerteventura

Fuerteventura commemorates World Wetlands Day
I thought this was a joke to start with!

Courtesy Radio Sintonia:

"Inseparable: Water, wetlands and life" is the motto of the day of the wetlands of 2021. The Department of Environment, Climate Change, Circular Economy and R + D + i commemorates the World Day of the Wetlands revaluing these habitats of the Island of Fuerteventura and underlining the paradox that the driest island in the Archipelago has numerous wetlands spread throughout the entire Majorera geography.
Fresh and salt water wetlands support humanity and nature, they are very fragile habitats that carry out important environmental work and contribute to sustaining biodiversity. They sustain social and economic development, store and purify water, feed us, provide homes for numerous species, and protect us from floods and storms.
The counselor Marlene Figueroa has wanted to urge all the citizens of the Island to know the wetlands of the Island and the Islote de Lobos, highlighting some of the most important such as Las Lagunitas de Lobos, El Barranco and the Presa de Los Molinos, the Saladar de Bristol, among others, and especially the Saladar de Jandía, which is the only wetland-type ecosystem recognized within the Ramsar Convention (International Treaty for the protection of these aquatic ecosystems).
The Ministry of the Environment of the council of Fuerteventura takes advantage of the celebration of this day, to carry out acts and activities (this year more virtual) aimed at increasing awareness about the values of wetlands and the benefits they bring to the island already our planet. On February 2 of each year, World Wetlands Day is celebrated, commemorating the date on which the Convention on Wetlands was adopted (February 2, 1971). This day is celebrated in order to raise awareness about the value of wetlands for humanity and for the planet.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote