This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
toddler goats milk

Goats milk for toddler
This is great! Thank you Sam, I will take 24 hours worth of powder with me and then I can stock up on a few of the cartons for a week. Im sure they should have this up the road from the Riu if the others you went into had them. Gives me hope and relief! 
If you or Tamara visit the shop, let me know! Please dont go out of your way to check.
Thank you guys, so looking forward to travelling back to my favourite island - 9 days to go!! Xxx
2 users say Thank You to Luisa Gale for this post
Reply Quote
Luisa, bad news. Unfortunately they don't stock goat milk in the shop. Wasn't able to find it on my own so asked the lady at the till and she sent me back again to double check. Unfortunately there wasn't any and she apologised and said they don't stock it anymore. The closest shop having the milk would be in Corralejo.

Can you by any chance contact the hotel you stay in and ask if they can source some goat milk for you?

Or from the hotel, simply book a taxi to Mercadona (Corralejo) and back and buy plenty of the milk to last you for the whole holiday. It's only 10 minutes drive so the cost will be minimal.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Sam, saves me a diversion on Monday. Unfortunate that they don't stock it but I guess they are catering mainly for hotel guests who eat their meals in the hotels, and beachgoers, so probably not a lot of call for it.

Have a great holiday Luisa. Hope baby enjoys Fuerte and becomes a regular visitor.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you Sam for checking for me and the advice!. Thank you to Tamara as well! Ill get a taxi on Sunday morning and stock up. Looking forward to a lovely family holiday and taking the baby to the beautiful sand dumes! How is the Weather at the moment? Xx
3 users say Thank You to Luisa Gale for this post
Reply Quote
Looks good.

https://fuerteventura.click/Thread-What-...85#pid6485
2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Luisa - Mercadona supermarkets are shut on Sundays. 

You could get a taxi to El Campanario shopping centre (partway in to Corralejo) where there is a big HiperDino and lots of other smaller shops, cafes etc. I think there is a market there on Sundays as well. I can check for the milk there tomorrow as I'll be at a friend's apartment next door.

Or you could get the taxi to Las Palmeras shopping centre (top of Corralejo main street) where there is a big Padilla/Spar downstairs. Few cafes and some clothes shops. 

Taxi ranks nearby both these places for return trip.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(26-05-2019, 10:56 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Luisa - Mercadona supermarkets are shut on Sundays. 

You could get a taxi to El Campanario shopping centre (partway in to Corralejo) where there is a big Hiperdino and lots of other smaller shops, cafes etc. I think there is a market there on Sundays as well. I can check for the milk there tomorrow as I'll be at a friend's apartment next door.

Or you could get the taxi to Las Palmeras shopping centre (top of Corralejo main street) where there is a big Padilla/Spar downstairs. Few cafes and some clothes shops. 

Taxi ranks nearby both these places for return trip.

El Campanario would be a better choice (if Tamara confirms the milk) as it's a shorter trip and checking the Calendar, the Traditional Market is taking place between 10am and 2pm.

Luisa, once in the shopping centre, head up to the bell tower for the spectacular views over Corralejo.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Looks like Sam and I are both voting for El Campanario's HiperDino. They have the goat's milk, semi-skimmed , and with a decent shelf life. in the furthest aisle from the entrance.

[Image: NXbRBqy.jpg]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Filtered milk, not UHT but like Cravendale in UK Pho 2 1,723 26-07-2022, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Fresh Cream / Milk Lexeus 14 6,385 10-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya