This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add an embed map into your post
Today I had a couple hours of time and managed to cross another thing off of the (pretty long) ToDo list. Embed maps.

Adding a map into your post is incredibly easy, you just have to know the name of the street (or place) and the town.

Here's an example:

To show Atlantico in Caleta on the map, simply type "Atlantico, Caleta de Fuste" or "Atlantico, Caleta, Fuerteventura" between the map tags, like you can see below.
Code:
[map]Atlantico, Caleta de Fuste[/map]

...and here's the result:

Atlantico, Caleta de Fuste

This simply creates a search @ GoogleMaps and will print the result in your post. Hope this isn't too complicated.
I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
here goes then:

nope, several tries but I'm missing something here Sam. Dummy guide, click by click, please!
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
spotted my error, missed the slash in the second map tag - oops.

Tindaya, Fuerteventura
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Great job, Tamara!!!

Try again, fail again, fail better! (Samuel Beckett) Wink Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I definitely need a Dummies Guide for this. I copied and pasted your code above.  Changed the location to something else - complete failure! Aaaargh!!!!
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Emmi, thanks for trying but there's not enough info to find out what went wrong. Can you post the line again, please?
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
What line?  LOL I said I need a Dummie Guide1
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(06-04-2019, 10:25 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: ... Dummy guide, click by click, please!

(07-04-2019, 07:31 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: I definitely need a Dummies Guide for this...

Let's try something easy:

Code:
[map]Fuerteventura[/map]

Note: there's no spaces in the line. GoogleMaps doesn't like them, especially at the beginning of the address.

Fuerteventura

Click "Preview Post" and you'll see the map of Fuerteventura.

If you want to edit it, click on this icon:

It will show the whole post with hidden tags you're using.

Now you can change Fuerteventura for something else, like Corralejo.

Code:
[map]Corralejo[/map] - will show Corralejo but I would be more specific, just in case.
OR
[map]Corralejo,Fuerteventura[/map] - no spaces, just a comma.
OR
[map]Corralejo, Fuerteventura[/map] - one space after comma works too.

Corralejo, Fuerteventura

Just make sure you have everything right in the square brackets - that's what you can't change, only the address.
Rule of thumb for the address: whatever works at Googlemaps will work here.

Simply copy one of the lines and try it in your post. Click preview and if it's working, change the place for something else. Click preview again and if it's not working, leave the line there and post the reply. I'll have a look to find out what's causing the issue.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Code:
[map]Corralejo,Fuerteventura[/map]

Nothing,Nada,ni papa!!! Could be because I work on an Apple MacBook?
1 user says Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(07-04-2019, 08:46 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote:
Code:
[map]Corralejo,Fuerteventura[/map]

Nothing,Nada,ni papa!!!   Could be because I work on an Apple MacBook?

Thanks Emmi. Nothing to do with the system you're using. The issue is simple - you're using extra tags.

Code:
[code][map]Corralejo,Fuerteventura[/map] [/code]
The "code" tags shouldn't be there. I'm wrapping the command in the "code" tags so you can actually see the line. Otherwise it would become an embed map.

Just loose the code tags at the beginning and the end, including the square brackets and the map will work this time.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Thread - Embed Video the_jg 11 7,232 03-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Sam