Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerteventura covid get

How to get a Covid test in Fuerteventura?
With an increasing number of countries introducing negative COVID tests as an entry requirement, there is an associated need for people travelling to get tested. Does anyone have any experiences or information on how and where to get tested here in Fuerteventura?
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
2 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
PCR tests in the different private clinics in Corralejo vary between €140 and €180. 

Turnaround times aren’t guaranteed and they are saying that it is the date of processing rather than the date of test which marks the start of the 72 hours as they can’t turnaround in time if the latter is used. I suspect the different clinics all send the swabs off to the same lab.

Monday flights are a particular problem.

Antigen tests range between €40 and €60 with results in 15 minutes, but these aren’t accepted in most places.

HTH
4 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
For people travelling to England, there is detailed information about the test requirements on this UK GOV website. Key requirements quoted from that website:

The test must:
  • meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml

• this could include tests such as:
    • a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
    • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
The test results must include the following information:
  • your name, which should match the name on your travel documents

• your date of birth or age

• the result of the test

• the date the test sample was collected or received by the test provider

• the name of the test provider and their contact details

• the name of the test device

I wonder whether there are any antigen/lateral flow tests here in Fuerte that satisfy the criteria? That would be better than a PCR test; both in terms of price and turnaround time! I'll be looking into this in due course and will share my findings here. I'm obviously interested in hearing what other people may find out about this too.
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
4 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
I came across an advert for a lab in Moro Jable 

They are offering all sorts of tests, and turnaround times but no prices on the advert.

I have not used this service, and don't know anyone who has, but it may be worth checking out.

web link:     http://maxoanalisis.es/EN 

CENTRO COMERCIAL COSMO   LOCALES 67 -70
35626 MORRO JABLE     JANDÍA - FUERTEVENTURA
+34 928 541 543

testcovid@maxoanalisis.es

Keep safe
4 users say Thank You to geordiediver for this post
Reply Quote
I checked out the Klinik  here in Caleta de Fuste yesterday.  

(This is located next to the Farmacia  on the same side of the road as the Ayutamiento (Town hall)   on Av, Alcalde Juan Ramon Soto Morales.)

The receptionist spoke very good English.    I showed her the UK Government  specification for testing and she told me their Antigen test meets the spec.  The cost of that is €40 and you need to book 24 hours ahead, result in 24 hours via email and text.   

They also do PCR tests for €120

Hope this helps anyone hunting for a test.
6 users say Thank You to geordiediver for this post
Reply Quote
Price and info for Antigen Test - 2 clinics in Caleta and 1 in Rosario.

Clinica Dr.Bludau - 50e  - Appointment required - can be booked via email
C/ La Galera 1
Urb. Pueblo de Pescadores
35610 Caleta de Fuste
Tel: +34 928 16 37 32
Fax: +34 928 54 76 54
mail: info@fuerteventura-doctor.eu

Klinik CENMED - 40e - No appointment needed (test can be done any day between 9am - 5:30pm)
Av. Alcalde Juan Ramón Soto Morales, 11,
35610 Caleta de Fuste
Tel: +34 928 16 37 55
mail: caletadefuste@clinicascenmed.com

Eurofins LGS-Megalab - 40e - No appointment needed (test can be done between 8am - 12pm Monday to Friday)
Calle Prof. Juan Tadeo Cabrera, 5,
35600 Puerto del Rosario
Tel: + 34 928 859 185
Fax: + 34 928 861 097
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
3 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
If you are in Lajares or Cotillo  Dr. Daniel at the Cotillo Medical Centre (in the shops by the Cotillo Beach Hotel) does tests of all descriptions.

To check times, costs etc. 662 41 76 11 (on Whats App).

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Hi, are there any test facilities in Corralejo anywhere ?
2 users say Thank You to stevec for this post
Reply Quote
Yes Cenmed next to Oasis Tamarindo. Antigen tests for 40 euros. Walk in service between 9am and 7pm. Possibly PCR too.
4 users say Thank You to AscotEd2 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to obtain a Covid test in Corralejo Sam Cariss 4 753 04-08-2021, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Sam Cariss
  Taking Covid 19 test in Fven before travelling to England el caballo hambriento 2 838 23-05-2021, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Sam
  PCR test before travel to Fue Emmi Smith 66 10,755 17-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Rome77
  Flying to and from Fuerteventura post COVID-19 crisis Lorena 66 13,757 01-09-2020, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Ducks