This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
cable cat5 cat6 looking reel

Looking For A Reel of CAT5/6 Cable
Any suggestions on Where to buy a reel of CAT5/6 cable from? 
I've checked out several Ferreteria websites but not spotted any.
Also messaged Corralejo aerials but they no longer sell kit & only do installs.

Thanks.
Loving it  Cool

2 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
There is a satellite bits shop in Rosario that I am sure would have it.

It’s called Fuertemovil & address is:
Calle Teresa López, 4, 35600 Puerto del Rosario, Las Palmas, Spain

It’s about 1/2 way up Av. Juan de Bethencourt on the right just where the road forks opposite the Police station.
They do all satellite gear etc so pretty sure they would have it. I got a drum of co-ax there a couple of months ago for our satellite installation.
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Couple of places in Corralejo that you could try:

One is next door to Ferreteria Marcial on Av. Juan Carlos 1 - called Coelca.
The other is round the corner in Calle Falua  - called FuerteRed.

coelca, Corralejo, Fuerteventura

fuerte red, Corralejo, Fuerteventura
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
OOOpppsss... Somehow I missed this!

For bulk cable you can go to Coelca.
They have both indoor and outdoor.
Its not the best cable in the world but its better than the cheap stuff that fails constantly.

In general they will have to order it in, expect 2-3 days for delivery.

I cant remember the prices but its in line with what I expect.

You can also get RJ45s from them which are a fair quality. But buy your own tool from elsewhere, the one they sell I would rate about a 5 out of 10.

How much do you need?

Any help needed with the project you're working on?
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(28-05-2020, 01:45 PM)McAdam Wrote: OOOpppsss... Somehow I missed this!

For bulk cable you can go to Coelca.
They have both indoor and outdoor.
Its not the best cable in the world but its better than the cheap stuff that fails constantly.

In general they will have to order it in, expect 2-3 days for delivery.

I cant remember the prices but its in line with what I expect.

You can also get RJ45s from them which are a fair quality. But buy your own tool from elsewhere, the one they sell I would rate about a 5 out of 10.

How much do you need?

Any help needed with the project you're working on?

Cheers for the reply.
We've not completed on the house purchase yet so no rush, plus we're still in the UK.
In the UK I'd buy a 1000ft from and it would last for several projects over the years so thought I'd do the same in Fue. I'll get some ordered when we're there next.
Coming from a networking background, I prefer to hardwire an RJ-45 each room back to a switch, also I'm going to be installing some PoE IP cameras around the place so will need quite a bit for that. I left the CCTV kit with a friend when we were over in March expecting the house purchase to be complete and us back there by now.
Hopefully he's still got it all and not flogged it  Big Grin
Loving it  Cool

Reply Quote
(28-05-2020, 02:22 PM)Pete Garyga Wrote: Cheers for the reply.
We've not completed on the house purchase yet so no rush, plus we're still in the UK.
In the UK I'd buy a 1000ft from and it would last for several projects over the years so thought I'd do the same in Fue. I'll get some ordered when we're there next.
Coming from a networking background, I prefer to hardwire an RJ-45 each room back to a switch, also I'm going to be installing some PoE IP cameras around the place so will need quite a bit for that. I left the CCTV kit with a friend when we were over in March expecting the house purchase to be complete and us back there by now.

Isn't a better idea to bring the cable in your luggage? Having your background, you'll be able to pick the quality you used to work with, instead of buying whatever is available on the island. Same apply for the tools. Just my 2p.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(28-05-2020, 03:17 PM)Sam Wrote:
(28-05-2020, 02:22 PM)Pete Garyga Wrote: Cheers for the reply.

Isn't a better idea to bring the cable in your luggage? Having your background, you'll be able to pick the quality you used to work with, instead of buying whatever is available on the island. Same apply for the tools. Just my 2p.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's an option but it would be quite heavy.
Loving it  Cool

Reply Quote
You can take up to 35kg as hold luggage in one package. A 20kg & a 15kg (combined) should be about £40 or £45 total but obviously increases the cost of the job. I have taken all sorts out on flights over the years & never had an issue
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote