Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
old over years may 21st mandatory masks six

Mandatory masks from 21st May for anyone six years old and over
(03-07-2020, 11:48 AM)Jason W Wrote:
(21-05-2020, 02:04 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: An explanation on the use of masks:

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=7939]

I am coming over this weekend to finally see our newly purchased property - could someone maybe clarify the use of masks when not in an enclosed space i.e when out walking or on the beach?
I intend to carry one at all times but don't want to get into trouble by not fully understanding what is required or what is usual practice now you have had a few weeks of wearing them. 
In the UK it seems normal now to give people distance as you pass by as masks are not mandatory. 
Am i correct in thinking you don't need them in cars if all passengers are from the same household?

Thanks for this information, when I click on the picture I only get a very small unreadable image, do you have a bigger version or a link to its origin? I am considering visiting next week so I have been looking around on the web for a concise explanation of the official stance on mask wearing however I have not found much apart from media written advice which I am sceptical of.

*update* apologies, i saw the full version in the earlier post, will pay more attention in future, ignore this (mods please delete if you can, i dont see the option to)
Just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose
2 users say Thank You to Felipe Geraldo for this post
Reply Quote
You need a mask anywhere where you can not observe the social distances rule, plus inside any shop and in a car if the other passengers are not from the same household. 

So, on the beach, walking the street etc, no needed as long as you keep your distance. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(03-07-2020, 03:14 PM)Felipe Geraldo Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 11:48 AM)Jason W Wrote:
(21-05-2020, 02:04 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: An explanation on the use of masks:

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=7939]

I am coming over this weekend to finally see our newly purchased property - could someone maybe clarify the use of masks when not in an enclosed space i.e when out walking or on the beach?
I intend to carry one at all times but don't want to get into trouble by not fully understanding what is required or what is usual practice now you have had a few weeks of wearing them. 
In the UK it seems normal now to give people distance as you pass by as masks are not mandatory. 
Am i correct in thinking you don't need them in cars if all passengers are from the same household?

Thanks for this information, when I click on the picture I only get a very small unreadable image, do you have a bigger version or a link to its origin? I am considering visiting next week so I have been looking around on the web for a concise explanation of the official stance on mask wearing however I have not found much apart from media written advice which I am sceptical of.

*update* apologies, i saw the full version in the earlier post, will pay more attention in future, ignore this (mods please delete if you can, i dont see the option to)

Hello Felipe
I was about to delete your post as requested but then I realised it had useful info so I have left it alone. Lesson to all of us, view the original pic rather than a 'quoted' one if you're having trouble viewing it!
Appreciate the fact that you're taking the trouble to find out what's what before you arrive.  Thumbs Up  
Enjoy your visit if you get here  Smile
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(03-07-2020, 05:26 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: ... So, on the beach, walking the street etc, no needed as long as you keep your distance. 

Tom.

Just wanted to add. Carry a mask in case you'll need one, all the time, please.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Governing Council approved, in its extraordinary session today, the updating of certain prevention measures established by the Government Agreement of June 19, 2020, to face the health crisis caused by COVID-19, once the Phase III of the Plan for the transition to a new normality.

With respect to the use of the mask, it has been agreed that all persons six years of age and older are required to wear a mask in the following cases:

- On public roads and in outdoor spaces, provided that it is not possible to guarantee the maintenance of an interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters.

- In any closed space for public use or that is open to the public, regardless of the maintenance of the interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters.

The owners of establishments, spaces and premises must guarantee compliance with these obligations in them and establish the recommended safety distance in their establishments by means of signs.

Use of mask in educational centres

In non-university educational centres the mask will not be mandatory:

- in the case of stable school coexistence groups.

- in the rest of school groups, when they are sitting at their desks at a distance of at least 1.5 meters.

Use of masks in hotels and restaurants

In the closed spaces of hotel and restaurant establishments and services, including bars and cafeterias, the obligation to use the mask is only excluded at the time of food or drink intake. In the open spaces of these establishments and services, the obligation to use the mask is excluded as long as the maintenance of the interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters is guaranteed between non-cohabitants, and in the time of food or drink intake.

Correct use of the mask

The correct use of the mask is mandatory, preferably of a hygienic and reusable type, and must cover the nose and mouth completely at all times. Likewise, it must be adequately adjusted to the nose and chin, so as to prevent the expulsion of respiratory secretions into the environment.

The obligation to wear a mask will not be required in the cases provided for in article 6.2 of Royal Decree Law 21/2020, of June 9, on urgent measures of prevention, containment and coordination to deal with the health crisis caused by COVID -19.

Recommendation in meetings of non-cohabitants

The use of a mask is recommended in private spaces, both open and closed, when meetings of people from different coexistence centres are held.

Other measures

The Governing Council also agreed to adapt other measures of the Government Agreement of June 19, 2020, such as with regard to safety distances. The interpersonal safety distance maintenance measure established by Royal Decree Law 21/2020, of June 9, of at least 1.5 meters, must be complied with on public roads, in outdoor spaces and in any closed space for public use or that is open to the public or, failing that, alternative physical protection measures with the use of a suitable hygiene mask and respiratory label.

In addition, emphasis is placed on the recommendation to avoid staying indoors, crowded and close to other people.

- Security distances and indoor table occupancy for 10 people

In the restaurant activities, a separation distance of 1.5 meters must be respected, between the tables or groups of tables, as well as in the bar, between clients or groups. The maximum occupancy per table or group of tables indoors will be ten people. In any case, establishments must have the aforementioned separation distance properly marked.

- Measures for tourist accommodation

In the cafeteria and restaurant services, the measures established for the restaurant service will be applied, and, in addition, in case of providing any service in the buffet modality, the specific surveillance and organization measures that are appropriate to guarantee At all times, that the customers use a mask, comply with hand cleaning, keep the physical distance of 1.5 meters between non-cohabitants and strictly respect the maximum capacity allowed.

- Specific measures for the development of the tourist guide activity:

The tourist guide activity may be carried out for groups of up to a maximum of 55 people, -up to now it was 25 people- establishing the measures to procure the interpersonal safety distance during the development of the activity and maintaining physical protection with the use of a mask respecting the regulations in closed and open spaces.

- Alcohol consumption on public roads

In addition, a section on conditions for the development of certain activities, which affects the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public roads, has been added to the agreements previously adopted, which, it is recalled, will be sanctioned in accordance with the provisions of Law 9/1998 , of July 22, on prevention, assistance and social integration in the field of drug addiction.

https://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/noti...15-metros/
I Heart Fuerteventura
5 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Official Gazette of the Canary Islands publishes today the new measures approved by the Governing Council to contain the Coronavirus outbreaks in the Islands, more restrictive than those in force so far in terms of the use of masks, social gatherings and nightlife.

1) MASKS

Mandatory for everyone six years of age and older.

a) On the public highway, in open air spaces and in any closed space for public use, or that is open to the public, regardless of maintaining the interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters.

b) In non-university educational centres, the mask will not be mandatory in the case of stable school coexistence groups or, in the rest of school groups, when they are seated at their desks at a distance of at least 1.5 meters .

c) In the hotel and restaurant establishments and services, including bars and cafeterias, the obligation to use a mask is excluded only at the time of food or drink intake.

d) In spaces of nature or outdoors outside population centres, the obligation to wear a mask is excluded as long as the influx of people allows maintaining an interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters.

e) On the beaches and swimming pools, the obligation to use the mask during bathing and while remaining in a certain space, without moving, and provided that respect for the interpersonal safety distance between all users can be guaranteed. not living together. In any case, the use of a mask will be mandatory in the entrances, movements and walks that take place in these spaces and facilities.

f) The owners of establishments, spaces and premises must guarantee compliance with these obligations in them.

g) The use of the mask is recommended in private spaces, both open and closed, when meetings of people from different coexistence centres are held.

2) TOBACCO

a) Smoking, use of tobacco inhalation devices, water pipes, hookahs, shisha or similar devices will not be allowed on public roads and in outdoor spaces, as long as it is not possible to guarantee the maintenance of an interpersonal safety distance of 2 meters.

b) The use of tobacco inhalation devices, water pipes, hookahs, shisha, or similar devices is prohibited in all entertainment, leisure, hotel, restaurant and any other type of establishment open to the public.

3) HOSPITALITY AND RESTORATION

A separation distance of 1.5 meters must be respected, between the tables or groups of tables, as well as in the bar, between clients or groups. The maximum occupancy per table or group of tables indoors and outdoors will be ten people. In any case, the establishments must have the aforementioned separation distance adequately marked.

4) NIGHT LEISURE

Clubs and other nightlife establishments may open their outdoor spaces exclusively to the public, for consumption sitting at the table. In any case, the capacity on terraces will be 75%. Dance floors are not allowed.

5) RECREATIONAL NAUTICAL

Recreational, leisure and leisure boats with economic activity may open to the public exclusively the outdoor spaces for seated consumption. In any case, the maximum capacity allowed will be 75% ".

6) SOCIAL OR FAMILY MEETINGS

It is recommended that all kinds of groups or meetings of non-cohabitating people that take place in private spaces are limited to a maximum of 10 people, even when the safety distance can be guaranteed.

https://www.diariodefuerteventura.com/no...-las-islas

TL;DR: Wearing a mask @ the beach (and almost everywhere else) is mandatory now on.
I Heart Fuerteventura
8 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The extraordinary Governing Council held on the morning of this Thursday, August 20, 2020, has adopted, at the request of the Ministry of Health, a series of new measures in order to contain outbreaks related to the COVID-pandemic. 19 and to fully transpose the agreement taken by the Ministry of Health and the autonomous communities within the Inter-territorial Health Council on August 14. The agreements adopted today will be published this Friday in the BOC.

It should be remembered that the Canary Islands had already anticipated this normative request for the whole country with measures related to the closure of nightlife, the mandatory use of masks or the prohibition of smoking in public spaces if the safety distance is not maintained ( two meters).

In addition, in today's Council other measures have been added, since the absolute closure of nightlife both outdoors and indoors has been approved. This will affect nightclubs, terraces, dance halls and cocktail bars, with or without live musical performances.

To this agreement, another is added: the setting of the closing time of the hotel, bar, cafeteria and restaurant establishments at 1:00AM, not being able to receive new customers after midnight.

Senior centres

Given that the elderly and people with previous pathologies continue to be the most vulnerable group to the COVID-19 disease, social health centres must be specially protected. Therefore, the exit to residents will be limited as much as possible and visits to them will be limited.

Mass Events

Regarding mass Events and activities, their performance will require a risk assessment by the health authority in accordance with the provisions of the document Recommendations for mass Events and activities in the context of the new normality due to COVID-19 in Spain, agreed in the Public Health Commission of the Inter-territorial Council of the National Health System. Based on this evaluation, each event of these characteristics must have the authorization of the autonomous community.

The Ministry of Health has also recalled that the recommended hygienic measures must be maintained both in public and private areas. These are: personal safety distance, continuous hand washing and mandatory use of a masks.

https://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/noti...a-la-1-00/
I Heart Fuerteventura
6 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Having just watched Amelia Bolger it seems once you leave a populated area you can remove your mask? Any clarification? For instance we like a walk round the golf course roads early in the morning and never seem to meet anyone?
3 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
I would go with the:

Quote:d) In spaces of nature or outdoors outside population centres, the obligation to wear a mask is excluded as long as the influx of people allows maintaining an interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters.

...would still carry a mask on me just in case.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Canary Islands limit the Events to 10 people in the islands with the highest incidence and will ask the State for trackers

The president of the Canary Islands, Ángel Víctor Torres, announced tonight that his Government will prohibit public acts of more than 10 people in the Islands that exceed 100 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 inhabitants during the next two weeks and from its publication in the Official Gazette of the Canary Islands, scheduled for this Saturday. The regional chief executive gave a press conference after another extraordinary Government Council focused on measures against the COVID-19 pandemic and after a coordination meeting with the security forces and representatives of Fecai and Fecam on the current status of the virus and public response. Torres expressed his concern about the evolution of the pandemic in the Archipelago,He stressed that the measures that his Government has decided today "are the toughest possible" and made it clear that they will be of little use if there are still people who violate them, urging the Canaries to denounce these breaches, while acknowledging the general behavior in the Archipelago.

Ángel Víctor Torres also announced that he will ask the Ministry of Defense for the support of a hundred soldiers specialized in tracking virus infections to reinforce monitoring in the Islands. In this sense, he highlighted the effort that is being made particularly in Gran Canaria, with the increase in trackers, which has gone from 85 to 158 from July to August.

Torres recalled that there have been five government councils in August, every week, "something unprecedented", due to the worsening of the situation. He remarked that the Executive had already advanced two weeks ago with some "tough and restrictive" decisions, such as not smoking or the closure of nightlife, which the State later applied. However, "and although there are fewer infections due to nightlife," he regretted that the data have continued to worsen and pointed out that Gran Canaria has 129 cases and Lanzarote, 99. In addition, he stressed that there has been a significant increase in outbreaks and the affected.

Given this, he justified today's "drastic" measures and insisted that "we have to enforce them, that they are taken as orders, so as not to return to the gloomy weeks of March and April." Torres also explained that it has been decided that, instead of at one in the morning, the restaurant businesses close in those two weeks at 00:00 hours. In addition, the Government recommends that social encounters be limited in the area of ​​"stable coexistence, reducing as much as possible those outside the family." Another measure approved today is the mandatory use of masks in every workplace.

The Executive has also decided to carry out a joint screening or test in the nuclei with more than 100 positives per 100,000 inhabitants, "the so-called hot zones." In Gran Canaria, in addition, the sample collection areas will be moved from 9 to 15. In addition, laboratories will work 24 hours a day to have the results "as soon as possible". Torres also announced that screening will continue in nursing homes.

Maximum penalties

Another decision, which has been shared with those responsible for the security forces and bodies, involves activating “all the troops to the maximum”, especially in the most affected places, so that the rules are met. In addition, the security body will meet every day to analyse the situation and compliance with the measures on the beaches, terraces and other public places. The Government emphasizes that it will apply the maximum sanctions and is working on a decree to expand the amounts.

The president announced that these measures will be analysed tomorrow by the legal services to polish them and that they can be applied and taken to the Official Gazette this Saturday. As he remarked, “we are on time, but we have had to make tough and drastic decisions. Compliance with these standards is key, first for health and then for the economy. Let us enforce the rules who do not. Most do, we were an example in confinement and we don't want to go back. We dictate the rules to be followed, forced by the circumstances and are the hardest that can be taken. But it is impossible to put a policeman next to each of the two million canaries. On the contrary, it is possible to have an exemplary and ethical behaviour as the majority of this town has. We want to bury that stage of our life:Neither the health workers nor the people who are working at the foot of the canyon or this town deserve it, ”he stressed.

As he clarified, “our health and our future are at risk. Quarantine is not optional for someone who has tested positive. This is not child's play. The pandemic will live with us until there is a vaccine, ”he said, while denouncing that there have been parties on boats, that the distance and the rest of the breaches are not respected. “They are acts that are paid for with hundreds of positives and with young people who are entering hospitals; lives and vulnerable people are being put at risk ”.

The security meeting in the afternoon was attended by, among others, the delegate of the central government in the Canary Islands, Anselmo Pestana; the regional vice president, Román Rodríguez; the government spokesman and counsellor for Security, Justice and the Presidency, Julio Pérez; the head of Health, Blas Trujillo; the president of Fecam, Mari Brito, the presidents of the councils of Gran Canaria and Lanzarote, and the mayor of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Augusto Hidalgo, as well as members of the different security forces on the Islands.

Agreement on the school year

The Governing Council and the security coordination meeting, both in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, were also marked by the morning meeting between the Ministries of Health, Education and Territorial Policy with the respective advisers of the first two departments to address the beginning of the school year, which closed with a unanimous consensus on the protocol.

In his appearance, Torres announced that there will be a new Conference of Presidents with Pedro Sánchez on September 4, focused on the beginning of the course, that on Monday there will be another appointment of the counsellor with the educational community and that a course is sought "as much normalized possible, although everything will depend on the evolution of the pandemic, "he said.

https://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/noti...treadores/
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote