Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
islands canary military matters fuerteventura

Military matters, Fuerteventura/Canary Islands
From Janet Anscombe's site:

French and Spanish Air Force training in Canarian skies over next week

Around a third of the Spanish Air Force is presently training in the skies around the Canaries. They are concentrating on combat training between aircraft of different characteristics as well as conducting air superiority operations in an open ocean field. The conditions here are considered unique in Europe, so the French Air Force has joined the Spanish to test their own new weapons. Some 700 military personnel and 50 fighter planes (33 Spanish Eurofighters and F-18s, four Navy Harriers and 13 French Rafales) are taking part in the new edition of Ocean Sky, one of the most important exercises in the Air Force’s annual programme.

There are a number of other videos from this exercise if someone can post links please - I'm not sure how to. (Ocean Sky 2020)

Tamara: at around 5pm today, 4 jets flew south to north up our west coast, at very low level. At times they were below the tops of the cliffs. There has also been quite a few 'bangs' from the south of us, normal Army manoeuvres perhaps, or the fighters practising bombing the ***** out of something Smile  
Living my dream
8 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Some more info and pics:
https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2020/10...gando.html
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

When watching on YouTube there are loads more videos, I'll leave you to visit YouTube and watch your choice rather than post all here (unless they add one that particularly catches my eye!)

I always used to go to RIAT in the UK every July - this is a social distancing option!  Big Grin
Enjoy if it's your 'thing'.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(28-10-2020, 07:12 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote:

Some more info and pics:
https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2020/10...gando.html

I know a guy that used to be an RAF pilot, he is now a Captain with BA, who while watching this on a TV documentary said to me, "That is not as difficult as it looks you know" In my opinion, it looks bl**dy impossible, it did then and does now Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canary Islands become migration crisis' latest refugee hotspot | DW News Ray 34 2,831 24-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Costa de Antigua among the ten poorest neighbourhoods in the Canary Islands Sam 14 3,143 06-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Sam
  News from the Canary Islands windermeregolfer 8 2,199 16-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible