This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
velosa morro mirador

Mirador de Morro Velosa
Morro Velosa is a scenic viewpoint that allows visitors to observe the northern part of the island. Designed by artist and architect César Manrique from Lanzarote, features a snack bar, gardens and a scale model of the whole island. Morro Velosa is located between the protected Betancuria Rural Park and the Valle de Santa Inés - on the Tegú Mountain with a height of 645 meters.

I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Mirador de Morro Velosa is now closed due to series of maintenance work until further notice. Let's hope it won't take too long.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
It seems to close down regularly for various reasons.

It's a shame it's closed on Sundays (when it is open), and that the cafe is no longer open.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Another place where the cafe appears to have closed is the El Cotillo lighthouse (I'm sure Sam will move this to a new topic).  It appears that many cafes in these places are closing.  I heard that the Cabillo are seeking new people to rent and run these cafes as they don't want to employ staff directly. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Last year the Cabildo rented out the concessions for the Las Salinas salt Museum, the Tiscamanita Windmill museum and the Antigua Cheese Museum/Windmill.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Still closed, today. If visitors keep finding places of interest closed during peak season, they will not think highly of the island.

Surely it can't take so long to agree the new contracts and fit out a cafe??
2 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Drove past the Mirador at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks trying to show friends the view and the exhibitions, alas, it’s still closed. What a shame. I’m a fan.
4 users say Thank You to HammerGirl for this post
Reply Quote
(06-10-2019, 04:12 PM)HammerGirl Wrote: Drove past the Mirador at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks trying to show friends the view and the exhibitions, alas, it’s still closed. What a shame. I’m a fan

Whereabouts is it closed? Is it at the bottom of the hill or the complex itself? It is a great shame, it is one of the best views of the island.
Used to love their hot chocolate (and cake before they stopped that? Prices were very good for a 'tourist trap'.
4 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
A few days ago I drove past it and the bar was across the entrance at the bottom of the hill.
3 users say Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote
That’s a valid question. I only saw the closed gate at the “bottom” of the hill. Never walked up past the gates to the Mirador. I made an assumption that it was completely closed. Where would people park otherwise... And I agree, the views are awesome out of the glass windows. How’s that for a living room view...
3 users say Thank You to HammerGirl for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mirador de Betancuria TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 387 01-12-2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya