This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
transfer money

Money transfer
(17-05-2019, 10:19 PM)gattaca66 Wrote: Apologies if I’m missing the point, but you seem to be having to go through an awful lot of hassle to make a simple transaction. I use TransferWise to move GBP to my Spanish account each month, and they have been faultless, with real people on the phone if any queries (when moving larger amounts for a car purchase, for example, and needing to satisfy money laundering regs). 

I get the spot market rate and pay a small fee. In each of the past three months the money has hit my Sabadell account within minutes of my completing the GBP payment. The longest it has ever taken is two working days. As I say, I may have misread the problem/question, but wanted to share my own experience if it helps!

Totally agree, we have used them for years, takes 2 mins to set up and cash is in our account within hours, never a problem.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
Reply Quote
(18-05-2019, 07:30 AM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(17-05-2019, 10:19 PM)gattaca66 Wrote: Apologies if I’m missing the point, but you seem to be having to go through an awful lot of hassle to make a simple transaction. I use TransferWise to move GBP to my Spanish account each month, and they have been faultless, with real people on the phone if any queries (when moving larger amounts for a car purchase, for example, and needing to satisfy money laundering regs). 

I get the spot market rate and pay a small fee. In each of the past three months the money has hit my Sabadell account within minutes of my completing the GBP payment. The longest it has ever taken is two working days. As I say, I may have misread the problem/question, but wanted to share my own experience if it helps!

Totally agree, we have used them for years, takes 2 mins to set up and cash is in our account within hours, never a problem.

Used TransferWise for the first time a couple of weeks ago, Bank Holiday weekend, as soon as I confirmed to my UK bank (RBS) the transaction was legitimate the payment went through and was in my Sabadell account within hours, so all I do now is check the rate between OFX or TransferWise both very easy to use.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternatives To Wise For Moving Money Tardis 9 951 06-01-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Will
  Money Transfer FUE - UK GeoffFuerte 16 6,042 15-04-2022, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Bill
  Money Transfer Speed - TransferWise MLA 48 17,190 20-06-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Moving money into Euros FVmouse 4 4,277 28-08-2020, 06:54 PM