Hi , please check the State of emergency thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
puerto museum

Museum in Puerto
It is a slice of Canarian history.  Lovely 19th century house, lived in for a short time by Miguel de UnaMuno - a noted author of the time. Takes less than an hour to see it all, and it is nicely furnished in the style of the period.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=GRTwW...ldeUnaMuno
8 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks, Emmi.  I believe the house is in the centre of Puerto del Rosario, on Calle Virgen del Rosario, next to the Cabildo building.
5 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Yes, really close to the Ayuntamiento and Cabildo.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I'm not the biggest fan of museums but this one is different because it's not about the writer, this one is about a political dissident and it's very important to remember people like this. They will always have my respect.

Quick Google Maps link to the house. Once there, walk around the church, there's another statute of Miguel de Unamuno right next to the entrance.

BTW: Walked past at least 100 times, I have never realised the building next to the museum is Cabildo.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
There is a monument to him as well, halfway up a mountain near Tindaya. Nice little walk on a good day. Coming to Tindaya from Puerto direction the start of the track is immediately on your left as you turn off the main road towards the village. Alternatively there is a pull in at the side of the road as you come around the mountains - you can stop and take a pic from one mountain to the other.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I have been on top of Tindaya last December and can't remember passing any monument. My starting point was at the south side due to strong wind from the north. What a lovely hike it was.

EDIT: Climbing the Tindaya mountain just on my own was completely wrong and it's not allowed without official guide. Sorry, I had to split the tread. Sam
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The mountain with the statue is on the left as you dry between La Matilla and Tindaya - south of Tindaya.  It's at the top of the valley that goes down past Tefia.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(19-11-2018, 08:03 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The mountain with the statue is on the left as you dry between La Matilla and Tindaya - south of Tindaya.  It's at the top of the valley that goes down past Tefia.

Thanks for the info, I have seen this Statue / Monument many times and wondered what it was marking, another example of how this forum is educational  Wink Wink
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(19-11-2018, 08:03 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The mountain with the statue is on the left as you dry between La Matilla and Tindaya - south of Tindaya.  It's at the top of the valley that goes down past Tefia.

Thanks Captain, found it. Here's the link on Google Maps if anyone's interested: Monument to Miguel de Unamuno.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(17-11-2018, 10:36 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: There is a monument to him as well, halfway up a mountain near Tindaya. Nice little walk on a good day. Coming to Tindaya from Puerto direction the start of the track is immediately on your left as you turn off the main road towards the village. Alternatively there is a pull in at the side of the road as you come around the mountains - you can stop and take a pic from one mountain to the other.

[Image: 6kWGFfJ.jpg] [Image: vztgxtt.jpg] [Image: fLE0lsF.jpg]

[Image: xl2QPnQ.jpg] [Image: bn8hIJX.jpg]
5 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Day Of The Museum Captain Sensible 0 529 12-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible