Hi , check the State of emergency thread and Repatriation from Fuerteventura, please.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
road airport negro pozo

New Airport to Pozo Negro Road
The long awaited plan for the new road between the airport and Pozo Negro, which will form part of the dual carriageway between Corralejo and Morro Jable has today been approved by the Canarian Government.

I can't imagine that they'll start it before the Caldereta to the aiport section is finished (which will probably take years). I don't think I'll see the airport to Pozo Negro section finished in my lifetime.

When I first saw the plan of the route it went to the west of El Matorral, behind Montaña Blanca in Caleta de Fuste and joined the existing road near Los Alares.

https://noticiasfuerteventura.com/fuerte...ZkCJtY7XaA

A translation:
The president of the Cabildo of Fuerteventura, Blas Acosta, valued as “great news” the unblocking of the work for the Puerto del Rosario-Morro Jable highway in the section of the airport to the crossing of Pozo Negro, started by the Ministry of Public Works of the Canary Islands Government, an action "for which Fuerteventura has been waiting for more than fifteen years," he declared.
The Canary Islands Official Gazette on Friday, May 8, includes the approval of the project update, which is submitted for thirty days, together with the environmental impact study, to the process of public information and consultation of the affected administrations and interested persons.
However, based on Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, by which the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by Covid-19 was declared in Spain, this 30-day period it will not begin to be computed until the Government of Spain has terminated the state of alarm or, where appropriate, its extensions.
This is a "long-awaited" action for the island of Fuerteventura, declared the island president, a claim that "has finally found sensitivity towards the island that has so often lacked in the past in the Canary Islands Government" and with which “substantially improves the north-south connection axis” by road, an “evident need that until now had not been resolved,” Acosta reported.
Copies in digital format of the project and its corresponding environmental impact study will be available in Fuerteventura for study and allegations at the Cabildo Insular, the City Council of Puerto de Rosario and the City Council of Antigua.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(08-05-2020, 06:54 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: I can't imagine that they'll start it before the Caldereta to the aiport section is finished (which will probably take years). I don't think I'll see the airport to Pozo Negro section finished in my lifetime.
🤣🤣🤣
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Is this proposed road really needed?
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Is this proposed road really needed?

I think it'll help to get most of the traffic out of Caleta.

...talking about, I believe the motorway will go behind the mountain(??).
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(09-05-2020, 04:14 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Is this proposed road really needed?

Yes, have you seen the build up of traffic in the Caleta area in the last few years?
3 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caldereta to Airport New Road Captain Sensible 23 2,618 04-04-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sam