Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
playa puerto blanca pozos promenade rosario los

New Promenade from Los Pozos, Puerto del Rosario to Playa Blanca
The works corresponding to the expansion project of the capital's maritime avenue towards the Parador de Playa Blanca continue to advance at a "good pace, as planned," the Puerto del Rosario City Council highlighted this Wednesday.

This is an action that is planned through an agreement established between the Ministry for the Ecological Transition of the Government of Spain and the City Council through the contracting and works councils held by the councilors Peña Armas and José Juan Herrera.

"If everything goes according to plan, this important work for Puerto del Rosario and for Fuerteventura could finally be completed by the end of this year," says the mayor of the capital city, Juan Jiménez.

The government team of Puerto del Rosario points out that it takes, with this, "one more step" and is "fulfilled" with the "commitment that the capital continues to open to the sea through this long-awaited expansion of a maritime avenue."

According to the City Council, "soon, once this large-scale work is completed, it will favor the reactivation of the area with a high-potential coastline, where a new stretch of avenue is contemplated that would link the capital with the Playa Blanca area."

The pedestrian promenade will be about six meters wide and will have different accesses to the different beaches and coves with ramps and stairs adapted for people with reduced mobility. The route will also be filled with spaces such as viewpoints, urban furniture and green areas.

https://www.diariodefuerteventura.com/no...el-rosario

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I went for a walk over there five days ago. Works are proceeding indeed. I was wondering whether Playa Blanca      is a natural one or man-made. To me it looks like a natural one, different from the one in Los Pozos     , which seems made of broken shells and which should then be man-made; but nice all the same.
2 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
Natural beach for sure.

This aerial map of Fuerteventura is going back to 1951-1957.

I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wind Turbines - Puerto del Rosario TamaraEnLaPlaya 12 1,335 05-01-2021, 02:36 PM
Last Post: McAdam
  Promenade Widening Project in Caleta de Fuste Captain Sensible 2 1,547 24-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  New hotel at the seafront in Puerto del Rosario Sam 2 1,431 29-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Photovoltaic plants in Puerto del Rosario Sam 3 1,353 28-10-2019, 08:57 PM
  A new Seguridad Social Office is planned in Puerto del Rosario Captain Sensible 0 1,506 15-10-2019, 11:48 AM