This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
year celebration

New Year's Eve celebration
(12-12-2018, 12:18 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi erik, can I assume that the “~” above the n in “Ano” means it is pronounced as Anyo, same as Bano with the “~” is pronounced “Banyo” ?? 
That's exactly how it works Wink Thumbs Up
I Heart Fuerteventura
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(11-12-2018, 10:57 PM)Mia Wrote: Corralejo's New Year's Eve Celebration starts at 11pm at Plaza Patricio Calero.

Thanks Mia, added to the Calendar.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Hi Spitfire
Not sure what system you are using, pc, laptop, tablet, phone etc, but on a lot of PC and laptop keyboards you can get a ñ by holding down the Alt key and typing 0241 - worth a try anyway!
Alt + Ctrl + a = á
Alt + Ctrl + e = é
Alt + Ctrl + i = í  
etc for ó and ú

for Á etc just include the Caps key as well

Hope it works for you.
Living my dream
[+] 1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(12-12-2018, 12:18 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote:
(29-11-2018, 04:31 PM)erik_tonny Wrote: Newyears eve in Corralejo is a "free for all", don't mean it's free but meaning it can be a rip off.
After midnight a lot of bars think they can ask what they please.
Most taxi drivers don't use the meter guess how much your bar bill was and try to top that.
Luckily not all, some are honest or know you; they deserve a new years tip!

By the way; happy new year is feliz año nuevo.
Año
Ano is something else (as this is a moderated site you will have to look that up youself  Smile )

Hi erik, can I assume that the “~” above the n in “Ano” means it is pronounced as Anyo, same as Bano with the “~” is pronounced “Banyo” ?? 
Sorry, can’t get my U.K. keyboard to give me that option  Big Grin Big Grin

Try alt 164
[+] 1 user says Thank You to erik_tonny for this post
Reply Quote
An other thing worth knowing.
At midnight when the clock strikes 12, everybody eats a grape at every stroke of the clock (doce uvas).
This brings good luck into the new year.
So don't refuse when you are offered a handfull of grapes !
[+] 2 users say Thank You to erik_tonny for this post
Reply Quote
(13-12-2018, 03:15 PM)erik_tonny Wrote: An other thing worth knowing.
At midnight when the clock strikes 12, everybody eats a grape at every stroke of the clock (doce uvas).
This brings good luck into the new year.
So don't refuse when you are offered a handfull of grapes !

Celebrating the New Year's Eve for many years in the Canaries, we have been offered grapes most of the times.
I Heart Fuerteventura
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
New Year's Eve Party at the plaza in Caleta de Fuste:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Wish i was there, will be celebrating New year in Port Isaac Cornwall (Mrs Gramster's idea not mine) sure it will be cold and wet as opposed to wonderful sunshine  Cool Cool Cool Cool
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Gramster for this post
Reply Quote
The poster for the New Year celebration in Puerto del Rosario:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Great poster Stephen!  Thanks
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Market and New Year's Eve Party in Caleta de Fuste Sam 3 383 14-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible