This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
sun place

No Place in the Sun .
I watched A place in the Sun on C4 yesterday, and just got angrier as the show went on.

And then the place they did like,, They offered €50K less than asking price. While they might have €200K to spend, it's not enough, and they knew it was never going to be enough.
Hope they enjoyed their holiday.
1 user says Thank You to Ray for this post
Reply Quote
What episode was this? Was it a new one? There have been a few on the island, and I get them mixed up.  Big Grin

While I completely sympathise with the owners getting such lowball offers, I can't hate the show. It's actually what brought us back to the island, and therefore the reason we ended up buying our place!
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
It was obvious to me that they were never gong to make a serious bid. They were tyre kickers out on a jolly. How they thought the house needed £20,000 spend on renovations is beyond me. The villa was fine for a faily holiday home, it’s not like they were going to live there. They could easily have started looking at making improvements over the next few years, talk to some locals, get to know which trades people to work with and who to avoid. The show was recorded in 2019, but they were a terrible couple they wanted space but wouldn’t pay for it, they wanted sea views but in the centre of Correlejo and when they get something the find an excuse - pi$$ takers and tyre kickers. 🤬🤬🤬
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Does anyone know what % of the "interested" parties actually purchase a property immediately? I appreciate some folks will possibly purchase at a later date for various reasons.
1 user says Thank You to fatherted for this post
Reply Quote
Lets just hope that the next couple that come over,, really do want to buy "A Place in the Sun"  and are not wasting all our time..
2 users say Thank You to Ray for this post
Reply Quote
They were a complete waste of time! Some people don't do any research, they certainly didn't have a clue of the housing market situation in Fuerteventura. They wanted a 2 beds place close to the beach with view and outside space in North Corralejo Rolleyes

With their budget they had to compromise somewhere. Poor Laura!
3 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
For details of the properties included in the show - scroll down the page - they put an offer of £190,000 on property #4
 https://www.aplaceinthesun.com/tv-show/o...a-hamilton
4 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote
(12-08-2020, 07:39 PM)fatherted Wrote: Does anyone know what % of the "interested" parties actually purchase a property immediately? I appreciate some folks will possibly purchase at a later date for various reasons.

According the the A Place in the Sun website ... from 2017:

It’s been a successful winter for our TV series, with the number of property hunters buying a home on the programme up from 40 to 60 per cent. 
4 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote
Finally got watching the episode, and while I don't know a lot about property prices up there, I do think the final offer from the seller was quite reasonable. Unfortunately, I think those property shows sometimes give people a false idea of what is achievable. When you have sellers coming down from £242k to £211k in fifteen minutes after getting an offer of £190k, it certainly encourages people to think that asking prices are just a jumping-off point, and emboldens very low offers. On top of that, I've seen people make insultingly cheeky offers of 55-60% which get accepted, and since that's so memorable, people tend to recall them most often, and come to believe it's the rule rather than the exception.

That house has sold now, so somebody bought it, anyway! Hope buyer and purchaser are both happy with their outcome, and who knows— maybe the final buyers were that same couple after having looked around a bit and realised it was a pretty good option?

However, I could absolutely see how you could spent £20k+ on renovations, so if they wanted it done sooner rather than later, I can understand ruling that one out on the basis of price. It's certainly always been my preference to buy something under budget and do it up before moving in, versus buying at top of budget and living in it while finding the Money to renovate and doing the work later. While there is a lot to be said for getting a feel for the area and local traders, for me that benefit is off-set by having to live in a home you don't love despite forking over a lot of cash for it, and having to undertake works on a place that's full of all your stuff (or worse— moving in, out, and back in again).
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
With the budget the buyers had,, maybe look down south,,,, Way Down South

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2kwSIO7gc
5 users say Thank You to Ray for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A place in the Sun crew in Caleta. MB30 14 9,371 09-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  A Place in the Sun: Winter Sun Raye 14 9,832 28-03-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Johnrgby