This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
tax increase resident

Non-resident tax increase?
(16-02-2021, 12:03 AM)Ducks Wrote: Have now been told it's due to the fact that the value hasn't been updated in so long. Guessing we just hit the ten-year mark since the values were updated? That would mean 2011, which I guess makes sense— people probably pushed for a re-evaluation during the recession. 

Supposedly, ten years is when it goes from 1.1% to 2%. Maybe everyone in the Antigua area will be getting an increased bill this year?  Sad

Can anyone with access to their IBI form for a property in Antigua/Caleta tell me what date theirs was last assessed? Be curious to know if they did a big evaluation in 2011 or just some areas.

You can check here when the CV was changed.

Portal de la DGC: Ponencias de valores (meh.es)

I have looked on it & don`t see any change of CV for Antigua recently.

You can see when the last one by going through it year by year. 

Put the year you are looking for in Año ponencia
Put Las Palmas in Provincia
Put Antigua in Municipio

You will have to go through year by year to find when there was a revaluation. It could be decades!!
1 user says Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(16-02-2021, 08:05 PM)beachlife Wrote: You can check here when the CV was changed.

Portal de la DGC: Ponencias de valores (meh.es)

I have looked on it & don`t see any change of CV for Antigua recently.

You can see when the last one by going through it year by year. 

Put the year you are looking for in Año ponencia
Put Las Palmas in Provincia
Put Antigua in Municipio

You will have to go through year by year to find when there was a revaluation. It could be decades!!

Thank you so much for this link! So far as I can tell, the last time Antigua was mentioned was 2001 coming in for 2002. (The last change on any of the islands was 2012). What I don't exactly understand is what this means. I feel very stupid trying to understand this— puts me in mind of doing calculus at school!  Big Grin 

So if the CV hasn't changed for 20 years, and Brexit isn't affecting it, then what? I can't wrap my head around this at all.
Reply Quote
(16-02-2021, 02:35 PM)FVmouse Wrote: When the Revaluation Date is more recent than ten years the B number is 1.1% not 2%. It is the opposite way around to your post.

So the thing to look out for is your CV going up but Antigua not then adjusting their council-wide Revaluation Date down to less than 10 years ago to reflect this recent change (and so allowing everyone to use 1.1% instead of 2%). If that happens to you and it does not happen to the locals then it is discrimination pure and simple, and you can guarantee the council won’t be looking at the CVs of the locals....

A few years back La Oliva reduced the A number by 9% but simultaneously increased certain property CVs by 21% so that the product of the two went up 10% for those properties but actually dropped 9% for the other properties which weren’t revalued upwards (including all the locals natch).

The people to which this happened were so incensed that they started using 1.1% for B instead of 2% claiming that their properties had manifestly been revalued less than 10 years ago. 

La Oliva say this is not correct but it would be interesting to see it argued in court as it all looks very underhand.

It is this type of thing to look out for....

I'm assuming this is me having some kind of mind blank, but this isn't making sense to me. 

Quote:When the Revaluation Date is more recent than ten years the B number is 1.1% not 2%.

Wouldn't it make sense for the larger percentage to be used when it hasn't been evaluated for a long time, making you pay more? Because property is probably worth more now than it was 20 years ago? And this part would seem to agree:

Quote:The people to which this happened were so incensed that they started using 1.1% for B instead of 2% claiming that their properties had manifestly been revalued less than 10 years ago. 

So they were using the lower percentage because they had been recently evaluated? 

This is all so confusing. I really just want to understand why it has increased so much if the CV hasn't been recently evaluated, Brexit is not a factor, then what has caused this? Could it be at 20 years that it changes percentage? Huh

Sorry for being a bother. I don't mind paying if that's the genuine amount, but I don't want to pay over the odds and I'd like to be able to plan my budget in advance so I don't get an unpleasant surprise like this again.
Reply Quote
Ducks, I think it's time to ask whoever gave you the 'quote', how they came up with the figure! Perhaps they've got it wrong!
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Ducks,

Revaluation Date within the last 10 years, use 1.1%. 

Revaluation Date prior to 10 years ago, use 2%. 

As you say, more recent Revaluations are higher therefore one can use the lower percentage. 

What isn’t fair is to revalue ad hoc properties in an area but not to change the official council Revaluation Date to allow people to use the lower percentage. This happens.

The instructions for filing out the non resident tax form don’t mention a council’s Revaluation Date, only whether the individual’s property has been revalued. So if one’s property has been revalued within 10 years and one can prove it via historic IBI statements then I see no reason not to use the lower percentage in calculating one’s tax and then argue the toss if anyone asks questions.
1 user says Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
Okay, I think I have a handle on it now. Thank you all for taking the time to hash this out with me!

Could works done to the property affect the CV?
Reply Quote
Ducks if nothing has changed the only difference you will need to make are the dates you are paying. So no calculations needed.

I loved calculus!!!

However for the tax year 21/22 you will need to dust down the calculator as the 19% will change to 24%.

I doubt if the CV will have been revalued but now you have the link I sent you can check.

Good luck I`m off to do some calculus - working out how much paint you need to paint the inside of a sphere with different thicknesses of paint. That will get the brain working.
1 user says Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
Ducks...the best place to monitor things is your annual IBI statement to see if your CV changes yoy. If it does then questions should be asked of your friends and neighbours to see if it’s everywhere. If not then ask the council....

Beachlife...no need for calculus, simply subtract the volume of the inner sphere from the outer.
Reply Quote
(18-02-2021, 11:38 AM)FVmouse Wrote: Ducks...the best place to monitor things is your annual IBI statement to see if your CV changes yoy. If it does then questions should be asked of your friends and neighbours to see if it’s everywhere. If not then ask the council....

Beachlife...no need for calculus, simply subtract the volume of the inner sphere from the outer.

But Ducks I love calculus too easy doing your method. Integration is better than se....... well nearly anyway.
Reply Quote
(17-02-2021, 12:57 AM)Ducks Wrote: Okay, I think I have a handle on it now. Thank you all for taking the time to hash this out with me!

Could works done to the property affect the CV?

Depends on the works, but even if it did that would not be until the revaluation. Like everything on the rock things move slowly (except for the drivers). So doubt if the CV will be changing soon. However, I always check each year just in case.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canary Island Pensions increase TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 978 25-01-2023, 07:11 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Resident's Incomes on Fuerteventura Captain Sensible 5 4,259 05-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Iminent Increase of VAT in The Canary Islands Johnrgby 4 5,530 20-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Spitfire58