This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Poll: North or South?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North - I need to get to the bars!
45.95%
17 45.95%
South - I need to get to the lovely beaches!
18.92%
7 18.92%
Undecided, so I go to Caleta....
35.14%
13 35.14%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
south north

North or South? - The best place to stay in Fuerteventura
Which do you prefer, the north of the island or the south?  The bright lights of Corralejo or the sandy beaches of the Jandia peninsula?  Do you turn left or right when you leave the airport?
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Turn left, definitely. I myself fell in love with Fuerteventura the first time we went down to Morro Jable. It was our forth or fifth day on the island. Before the first week of our stay was over we've managed to already see a couple of properties for sale. Made and have accepted the offer the following week.

So yes, voted for south. ...plus Caleta. Caleta is the best place to explore the whole island without driving for too long. Not fan of the new Caleta beach but there's some lovely ones right opposite the Atlantico and Playa Blanca is only 15 minutes drive away. As well as Puerto for it's shops, hospital (hope we'll never need it) and the offices. And don't forget the short cab drive from the airport! Especially for the long weekend trips.

We still manage to do a trip to Corralejo & El Cotillo every single time we are in Fuerteventura I'm just always feeling happier driving down south.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Ha ha, none of these really. We turn left out of the airport & then turn right for Antigua ??
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(30-10-2018, 08:27 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Ha ha, none of these really. We turn left out of the airport & then turn right for Antigua ??

It looks like we need more places in the pool Angel
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
In the middle with a car ..lol   Caleta ...
2 users say Thank You to MandK for this post
Reply Quote
Caleta - Fuerteventura Golf  Cool  also love visiting El Cotillo Cool  and Betancuria a fab inland village and an interesting drive to get there  Smile
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(31-10-2018, 08:38 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Caleta - Fuerteventura Golf  Cool  also love visiting El Cotillo Cool  and Betancuria a fab inland village and an interesting drive to get there  Smile

Ha ha John, “interesting” is one way of putting it !! Beautiful place though. It’s like stepping into a different world ??
4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(31-10-2018, 08:38 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: ...and Betancuria a fab inland village and an interesting drive to get there  Smile

There's a "woodland" near this village you might don't know about Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I voted "North" but not for the bars.
I like the ambience of both Corralejo for its lively feel and wide selection of restaurants and El Cotillo for its laid back atmosphere, lovely coves for swimming and snorkelling and extensive hinterland for walking and off-road cycling.
4 users say Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
We turn left to Caleta Smile , but we love the whole island. No matter where you go is beautiful.  Dolphin Squirrel Thumbs Up
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
4 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Costas prohibits access to part of the north coast of Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 4 391 11-03-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Alberto
  A Place in the Sun Bertie 2 1,130 26-11-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Bertie
  Tefía will be a Place of Historical Memory TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 283 24-11-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Place in the sun Bertie 0 1,533 30-07-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bertie
  Place in the Sun Bertie 14 7,232 18-09-2021, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Joe Average