This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Picture size
Hi Sam
I know you are really, really busy with getting this forum up and running and I really appreciate all you are doing. Don't think you have to action every suggestion within 5 minutes! (5 hours will be fine Big Grin )  (Smiley looks giant again in this draft)

My next question is regarding the size of the pics we are inserting - the physical size that appears in the post that is.
They all fill the screen - is there a way we can choose to reduce them so as to show 2 side by side for example?
Also, when I insert a pic it uses all the space below it so I can't click beneath it to insert another one. I have to delete it and keep hitting enter to extend the length of the available area and then start again. Hope this makes sense!

Cheers, Tamara
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Yes I agree with Tamara, I feel quite guilty about the size that pictures I post (cut n paste) in the Weather post are so large on screen whilst else where (Darkside) they are smaller and there if you click on them they pop out larger.

Another point when I cut and paste the line space I have inserted in the original post disappears to I have to reinsert it.

As already said very many many thanks for all you are doing Smile
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
When you click on the "add picture" box, you have the opportunity to specify a width and height.  If you ignore the height and just put, say, 500 in the width box, your pic won't be too big.

After you've added a pic, you should see the cursor line blinking at its right-hand edge.  If you press return a couple of times your cursor will drop down below the pic and you'll be able to add another pic or text.
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Test of Picture Post

Direct from PC File which indicates it is 807x605

Cut n Paste Imgur Share Link Options BBCode (Forums) -

[Image: O9F4hLd.jpg]

Insert Photo Link from  Copy Imgur set to 300 wide - 

[img=300x30][Image: O9F4hLd.jpg][/img]
Reply Quote
Sorry the last part of that post one didn't work  Sad Thumbs Down so not sure how to resize Imgur pictures?
Reply Quote
(08-11-2018, 12:41 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: ...(Smiley looks giant again in this draft)

Tamara, simply hit F5 or reload anywhere you see them still too large. Or just leave it and it will change over the time. They are already loaded in your browser and it takes quite a while for the pics to get downloaded again (to save the bandwidth). Nothing major to worry about Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Is Peter's solution working for you Tamara?

It might take quite a while to even find a multi-solution without rewriting a half of the whole script. Talking about scripts, I'm working with this one for the first time in my life so be gentle, please Smile
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(08-11-2018, 08:17 AM)bedouin Wrote: When you click on the "add picture" box, you have the opportunity to specify a width and height.  If you ignore the height and just put, say, 500 in the width box, your pic won't be too big.

After you've added a pic, you should see the cursor line blinking at its right-hand edge.  If you press return a couple of times your cursor will drop down below the pic and you'll be able to add another pic or text.

Thanks Peter, I couldn't explain it better. Taking John's attached pic, setting the with to 100:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=39]

This is the link:https://fuerteventura.click/attachment.php?aid=39
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
John, your code is:
Code:
[img=300x30][img]https://i.imgur.com/O9F4hLd.jpg[/img][/img]

It should be like this:
Code:
[img=300x300]https://i.imgur.com/O9F4hLd.jpg[/img]

I'm not sure how did you get the extra [img and [/img] but that's what is killing your resizing.

This is how it looks like using the second code (without the extra tags):
[Image: O9F4hLd.jpg]

...you can see the code when you click at the "Edit" and choose the "Quick Edit"
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
[Image: CRWA4Vh.jpg]   [Image: CRWA4Vh.jpg]

Hi all
Thanks for help/suggestions so far. I can now reduce 1 picture in a post but it then won't let me put any more reduced size ones in it, just full sized ones! Any ideas? (I am using BBcode from Imgur in the Insert an Image icon and getting rid of the IMGbits.)

RE the pressing return to move below a pic. That is what I was trying to start with but it was just deleting my pics!
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Default font and font size TamaraEnLaPlaya 4 1,439 12-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Ducks