This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
ship pirate

Pirate Ship in Caleta de Fuste
Noticed on our last visit that the Pirate ship in Caleta had sunk, are there plans to repair and re float it....

Also was pleased to see that the floating shop had been returned, had a long and pleasant conversation with the "cat lady"
Reply Quote
They had refloated it last time I was down there. It had lost it's masts.  I'll check on what state t is in now.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The state isn't really great right now.

Let's hope they'll finish the repairs before the Christmas break.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update, wonder who actually owns the ship !!!
Reply Quote
(12-11-2018, 07:59 AM)Gramster Wrote: Thanks for the update, wonder who actually owns the ship !!!

The same company who's running the Oby Cat and all the activities in the Caleta harbour - Oceanarium Explorer. They don't have a working website but here's their FB Page.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
The ship looks still the same. Not sure if it'll get fixed anytime soon for the Christmas season.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
I was at the harbour yesterday afternoon and the pirate ship has gone.

It's been replaced by some small children's boats.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(17-12-2018, 08:36 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote: I was at the harbour yesterday afternoon and the pirate ship has gone.

It's been replaced by some small children's boats.

When I've seen the ship last time they have been pumping water out. Perhaps they took it out of the water to repair the leakage. The pirate shop was a nice addition to the harbour, especially for the kids. I'll keep my fingers crossed to see it back soon.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
The pirate ship was craned out of the harbour yesterday afternoon and taken away on a low loader.
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(18-01-2019, 08:55 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The pirate ship was craned out of the harbour yesterday afternoon and taken away on a low loader.

HOW?? The ship wasn't in the harbour last week when we walked past. Confused
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Films in English at the Yelmo Cinema, Caleta de Fuste Captain Sensible 368 92,981 27-03-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Christmas and 3 Kings events in Caleta de Fuste and Antigua Captain Sensible 1 2,156 18-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Christmas Events, markets in Caleta de Fuste including New Year's eve Captain Sensible 13 8,096 21-01-2020, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Three King's Parades in Caleta de Fuste and Antigua Captain Sensible 3 4,059 06-01-2020, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Ducks
  Caleta de Fuste Beach Party 2019 Captain Sensible 5 6,392 02-08-2019, 07:02 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer