This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
form inss s1 office registering

Registering Form S1 at INSS office
Can someone please advise where you register the above. I believe you have to go to the INSS office and then take your card to the health centre. Are there local INSS offices or only in PR. We are down in Morro Jable so would rather not have to go to PR unless required. Thanks in advance.
1 user says Thank You to 14yew for this post
Reply Quote
I'm afraid there's only one INSS (Instituto Nacional de Seguridad Social) on the island and that's the one in Puerto del Rosario. I hope someone else can prove me wrong as it's quite a drive from Morro Jable.

I would probably ask in a local health centre or pharmacy, they might be able to point you in the right direction.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
As Sam has already said, it is only in Puerto,  so you have a long journey. Furthermore you need to make an appointment in advance at the following address 

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/wps/porta...20Benefits

However, you cant make an appointment now, not until the current state of alarm is over (perhaps another three weeks or so)!

We struggled for two months, checking every single, before we got our appointment. We attended the day before the state of alarm was announced so we assume our paperwork is set on a desk and will be processed after they return to work.

About three weeks after you deposit your forms with INSS, you get a letter to take to the local Centro Salud and about another three weeks later you get to receive your health service card.

Good luck. 

Tom.
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Just resurrecting this one, I have finally received my S1 from the UK, together with one for my wife as my dependant (she loves that!). I understand I can submit my S1 online rather than take it in? Either way, could anyone with experience of doing it advise what to do, and particularly what paperwork I will need. For instance, with separate S1s for each of us, do I need a translated marriage certificate to prove the relationship? Many thanks in advance, greatly appreciated on here!
1 user says Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry, I don't know anything about submitting it online, but it makes sense given the pandemic. 

You will need an official translation of your marriage certificate, not one you have done yourself. It needs to be an official translator. Our solicitor arranged ours and it cost €30 plus €30 for the solicitor to arrange it!

As for paperwork, in the Spanish tradition, you need everything with copies, passports, Empadron, Residency or TIE (remember they want copies of both sides) plus any other paperwork you have to hand.  

If you discover more about doing it online, do come back and post an update please. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks, Tom. I was thrown by the suggestion that the marriage certificate may be needed, but you’ve confirmed that for a fact! I’ll update on my own experience, when it actually happens!
1 user says Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
(27-03-2021, 08:51 PM)gattaca66 Wrote: Thanks, Tom. I was thrown by the suggestion that the marriage certificate may be needed, but you’ve confirmed that for a fact! I’ll update on my own experience, when it actually happens!

You need the translation of the MC because your wife is dependent, I believe. My wife got an S1 in her own right and we didn't need to have the MC translated. We did get it 'apositled' but in the end I don't think that it was necessary/
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
(03-04-2021, 07:36 AM)TrickyFox Wrote:
(27-03-2021, 08:51 PM)gattaca66 Wrote: Thanks, Tom. I was thrown by the suggestion that the marriage certificate may be needed, but you’ve confirmed that for a fact! I’ll update on my own experience, when it actually happens!

You need the translation of the MC because your wife is dependent, I believe. My wife got an S1 in her own right and we didn't need to have the MC translated. We did get it 'apositled' but in the end I don't think that it was necessary/

I know my wife had her own S1 and all we did was enclose it.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
Reply Quote
To clarify, marriage certificate is only needed if only one partner is entitled to an S1, and the second one is issued to the other partner as a dependent. 

If both qualify for an S1, then the marriage certificate is not necessary (or a translation or being "aposilized"), but being well aware of the variation in the routine, i would recommend you have the original certificate handy, just in case. 

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:49 AM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: To clarify, marriage certificate is only needed if only one partner is entitled to an S1, and the second one is issued to the other partner as a dependent. 

If both qualify for an S1, then the marriage certificate is not necessary (or a translation or being "aposilized"), but being well aware of the variation in the routine, i would recommend you have the original certificate handy, just in case. 

Tom.

I understood that Tom, what I cannot get my head around is why in this day and age a wife is considered a dependant? and what makes the difference? prior to us getting married, my wife had worked full/part time for 15 years, and afterwards for 42 years she did not, so I wonder again what are the criteria?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote