This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
delaying move tactic free another ryanair refund

Ryanair Free Move another refund delaying tactic?
It won’t happen ☹️☹️ My first refund as promised by Ryanair should have been back in my bank over a month ago. Still haven’t got it & don’t hold out much prospect of getting it from that lying little toad 🤬
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Hello i just wondered if anyone has had a refund from Ryanair. I was promised one on 1st May and they said it would be in my bank account within 20days we are now 1st July and none received. As most of you know it is difficult to get in touch i’ve tried. Does anyone have and e.mail address that will get a response i am sick of seeing the BOTS and waiting for an agent. Thanking you in anticipation
Reply Quote
I am sure all of us have realised by now that Ryanair do not intend to provide cash refunds at this time.  Below is the last email correspondence that I had with them.  Basically you can wait, or you can have a voucher.  Can they do this legally?  Well I guess you could test it in the courts but they will just rely on a defense of Force Majeure.  COVID-19 is an act of God and they do not have to provide a refund at all.  I am not saying I agree with that, but it is the reality.  If you did sue and lose, you would not get your refund and you would face costs; theirs and yours.  It could take years to go through the courts.

Dear Customer,
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by your recent flight cancellation.
The processing time for cash refunds is taking far longer than normal as we are processing over 1,000 times the normal volume of cancellations due to the COVID-19 crisis.
We're offering customers travel vouchers as these are automated and give an immediate alternative instead of waiting for a refund. You can use this voucher on over 1,000 daily flights from 1 July and our summer 2021 flights are now on sale for you to choose from too.
Your voucher can be used at any time over the next 12 months and it's simple to use on Ryanair.com. Please see details of your travel voucher for x GBP below, the full value of your unused booking. Please be advised if you part paid your booking with loyalty credit this credit has been added back to your account and if you part paid with a gift voucher, this voucher is available to use until it expires.

Accepting this voucher is a great option if you have travel plans for the future.

Accept your voucher and use it on over 1,000 daily flights from 1 July/summer 2021

Accept my voucher

Please click here for full terms and conditions.

If you accept your voucher and do not use it before the expiry date you will receive a full cash refund. If you only use the voucher in part before the expiry date you will also receive the remaining balance in a cash refund.

If you do not wish to accept this voucher and wish to move your flight or request a refund, please click here to contact us.

Customers who choose not to accept a voucher will receive their refund in due course once this crisis has passed. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be working hard to process refund requests as quickly as we can.

If you made your booking via a 3rd party such as a travel agency or online travel agency, please contact them directly.

Yours sincerely,
Reply Quote
i got my Ryanair refund 2 weeks ago but i claimed it back through paypal/credit card, it took 4 weeks.
2 users say Thank You to stewart1875 for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Haribo, if it’s any consolation ,my flight was cancelled on 7th April and I still have not been refunded with neither an offer of cash or voucher 🤬I’ve been in touch with the Ryanair idiBOTS several times and the story has changed each time .
First reply was I was in refund system and should hear following week, week later and no reply I was told Ryanair was only giving cash refunds and I would have to wait, contacted them again on couple more occasions and still no joy . 
It would be nice to see the CAA suspend Ryanair’s operators licence and I would be sure the refunds would come then . If you booked on credit card I would advise that route as I had accommodation refunded within a fortnight from them when my accommodation provider and insurer both rejected my claims .
Best of luck.
1 user says Thank You to Derry for this post
Reply Quote
(02-07-2020, 05:56 AM)Derry Wrote: Hi Haribo, if it’s any consolation ,my flight was cancelled on 7th April and I still have not been refunded with neither an offer of cash or voucher 🤬I’ve been in touch with the Ryanair idiBOTS several times and the story has changed each time .
First reply was I was in refund system and should hear following week, week later and no reply I was told Ryanair was only giving cash refunds and I would have to wait, contacted them again on couple more occasions and still no joy . 
It would be nice to see the CAA suspend Ryanair’s operators licence and I would be sure the refunds would come then . If you booked on credit card I would advise that route as I had accommodation refunded within a fortnight from them when my accommodation provider and insurer both rejected my claims .
Best of luck.

The CAA can only take actions for flights originating in the UK.
Reply Quote
(01-07-2020, 05:08 PM)stewart1875 Wrote: i got my ryanair refund 2 weeks ago but i claimed it back through paypal/credit card, it took 4 weeks.

This is the way! 👍 You paid, you deserve the product or Money back. Simples!
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(02-07-2020, 06:10 PM)fatherted Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 05:56 AM)Derry Wrote: Hi Haribo, if it’s any consolation ,my flight was cancelled on 7th April and I still have not been refunded with neither an offer of cash or voucher 🤬I’ve been in touch with the Ryanair idiBOTS several times and the story has changed each time .
Best of luck.

The CAA can only take actions for flights originating in the UK.

CAA isn't the option but if there's enough of complaints about one company, they'll push harder.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(01-07-2020, 01:41 PM)Perrypower1 Wrote: ...Can they do this legally?  Well I guess you could test it in the courts but they will just rely on a defense of Force Majeure.  Covid-19 is an act of God and they do not have to provide a refund at all.  I am not saying I agree with that, but it is the reality.  If you did sue and lose, you would not get your refund and you would face costs; theirs and yours.  It could take years to go through the courts.

You paid for a product or service that wasn't delivered. If you're not getting your Money back, you might be dealing with a scam. Fortunately, there are ways how to get your Money back:

1) Write an email straight to the top.

If you're waiting longer than a couple of weeks, send an email straight to Hutchinsonb@Ryanair.com and don't forget to add a copy (CC) to complaints@caa.co.uk. Include as many details as possible:

Your and details of all passengers
Your booking reference and travel dates
The flight number, departure and destination airports
Printscreens of the refund acknowledgement and/or other correspondence

Once done, take a deep breath and get the biggest chocolate bar you can find at home. Give them some time (week or two) to reply and stop thinking about it for a while. They have already ruined your plans, so don't let them ruin your days too, this all will get sorted at the end. 🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️ Copy&Pasta from this post.

2) Write a complaint to CAA complaints@caa.co.uk and Trading Standards nationaltradingstandards@actso.org.uk

Again, as many details as possible.

How to make a complaint with CAA

Reporting to Trading Standards - Citizens Advice Bureaux

There's also a tool called Resolver - https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ryanair-complaints - have never used on my own but came across tons of good reviews in the past. Could be a way to go.

3) Claim via your card company under chargeback (the bank is taking Money back from the back of the airline)

Chargeback isn't a legal requirement, it is just a promise to customer, but it means your bank will try to get Money back from the bank of the airline you bought the ticket from. Works with debit and credit cards as well as PayPal.

4) Section 75 of Consumer Credit Act (the bank/ card company is giving you their own Money)

If you had no success with chargeback, use Section 75 claim - Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. However, this works ONLY on tickets (products) above certain value. I believe, each leg of the flight has to be over £100 if you bought the tickets only. If you bought a holiday package, you would be covered as long as the package per person was more than £100. Also no matter if you paid only £200 deposit using the card and the rest, using a transfer from your bank account later, the whole (paid) sum of the package is covered by section 75.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryanair refund update fatherted 0 1,558 08-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Last Post: fatherted
  Successful refund from Ryanair Can the Man 7 3,832 21-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Jason W
  Ryanair refund!!!!!! Haribo 9 4,118 02-10-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jason W
  Ryanair Refund finally back in our account Nemo4 7 4,024 15-08-2020, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Will
  Ryanair refund possible reasons for delay fatherted 0 2,149 10-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Last Post: fatherted