This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
spain illegal hand charges ryanair luggage

Ryanair hand luggage charges illegal in spain
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/11..._NRwAkV8XI
4 users say Thank You to fatherted for this post
Reply Quote
Why do people complain, the rules are clearly stated, what do people expect when the cost of a flight is the same as the taxi ride from the airport?
The price of priority boarding with baggage is a small price to pay.
5 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Jason,
I think for most people (myself included) it is not so much the end cost of the flight, it is the business method used to initially deflate the seat cost & then when they have you on the hook all the “extras” (which aren’t really extras) start popping up. 
1 - Nobody, apart from people who have property & personal goods on the island is going to go on holiday with a “holdall” size bag, therefore they either have to book priority or pay extra for a case. 
2 - if you are travelling as a couple, do you really want to be sitting at opposite ends of the aircraft ? Therefore you need to book seats & again pay extra.
When you get done adding all these bits on, the prices aren’t so great TBH
4 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
I think you hit the nail on the head Ron with the point that it is good value if you own a place on Fuerteventura.  We are fine with random seating and about 80% of the time we end up sitting together with zero effort anyway.  In terms of baggage, we are fine with a small carry on as everything else is at our place.

If you are going on a vacation and need a lot more luggage then the terms are pretty clear and the best value is to book hold luggage at the time you book your seat.
2 users say Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote
The luggage thing isn't really an issue at the Fuerte end as it comes out pretty rapidly - back in the UK (often on a late flight) we've often had to wait ages for the belts to get going, so Ryanair clearly understands the attraction of hand luggage only (for ease/convenience) and prices accordingly. I'm not sure I see anything massively wrong with that? They are a commercial operation after all and it's not exactly an infringement of your rights?
3 users say Thank You to Robbo for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2019, 10:31 AM)Robbo Wrote: The luggage thing isn't really an issue at the Fuerte end as it comes out pretty rapidly - back in the UK (often on a late flight) we've often had to wait ages for the belts to get going, so Ryanair clearly understands the attraction of hand luggage only (for ease/convenience) and prices accordingly. I'm not sure I see anything massively wrong with that? They are a commercial operation after all and it's not exactly an infringement of your rights?

Correct, there's nothing wrong with what Ryanair are doing.  Most people think in terms of holiday flights, but Ryanair has a lot of business passengers who don't necessarily want to pay the price for hold baggage to be included.  Ryanair's pricing structure allows every type of passenger to choose just what they need.
3 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2019, 09:39 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi Jason,
I think for most people (myself included) it is not so much the end cost of the flight, it is the business method used to initially deflate the seat cost & then when they have you on the hook all the “extras” (which aren’t really extras) start popping up. 
1 - Nobody, apart from people who have property & personal goods on the island is going to go on holiday with a “holdall” size bag, therefore they either have to book priority or pay extra for a case. 
2 - if you are travelling as a couple, do you really want to be sitting at opposite ends of the aircraft ? Therefore you need to book seats & again pay extra.

They don't have you on the hook until you pay Ron. Just close the window and look at another airline. We usually travel with EasyJet and it's the same. You have to pay for the luggage & better seats, adding up to the final price. If I don't like the price I simply close the window before sharing my card details with them and look elsewhere.

It also looks like most of the airlines are charging a bit more than in the previous years but I don't mind the price increase that much. My wallet is (obviously) crying but it's nice to see them running rather than ceasing trading like TC or Monarch.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2019, 04:33 PM)Sam Wrote:
(21-11-2019, 09:39 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Hi Jason,

They don't have you on the hook until you pay Ron. Just close the window and look at another airline. We usually travel with easyjet and it's the same. You have to pay for the luggage & better seats, adding up to the final price. If I don't like the price I simply close the window before sharing my card details with them and look elsewhere.

It also looks like most of the airlines are charging a bit more than in the previous years but I don't mind the price increase that much. My wallet is (obviously) crying but it's nice to see them running rather than ceasing trading like TC or Monarch.

That depends on where you fly from Sam. Obviously it is a personal choice to pay or not but from Scotland there are limited options for direct flights to Fuerte so we are to an extent a “captive audience”
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
One of the reasons why we often fly through GC or mainland - to have more options. But I understand, there's not much of competition up in Scotland.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2019, 07:25 PM)Sam Wrote: But I understand, there's not much of competition up in Scotland.

Simply because there are many fewer potential travellers.
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote