This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
easy s1 register forms

S1 forms - is it easy to register
Has anyone recently registered their S1 form with the INSS in Puerto del Rosario for health care. .  if so, can I  please have a step by step run thriough of the procedure. I have basic/fair Spanish.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Emmi,

The process itself is very simple. Our difficulty was actually booking an appointment online!!  It took quite a few mornings, checking the website every day for almost 2 weeks before we were able to book.

You turn up just before your appointment and register with the security officer on the door. You need the usual quantity of documents, with copies of most of them. Passport,  Residency certificate (they want a copy of BOTH sides as there is a number printed on the back), Empadron etc.

A few days later you get a letter in the post which will not make much sense to you, but yiu take it to your Health Centre (Centro Salud), and they then register you with a doctor and issue yiu with the blue health card. 

There is an app yiu can download for booking appointments etc and the PIN for it is in a box on the reverse of the card they give you. 

It is all very efficient and booking an appointment here is ten times easier than in the UK.   The last appointment I needed in the UK, my local surgery were unable to offer me an appointment for three weeks. Their advice was be at the surgery door at 08:00 sharp as there are three emergency appointments available every morning and they are usually gone by 5 past (no hope if you phone, as they don't answer calls until 08.30!).

Here, checked the app on Friday night and could book Monday afternoon or any time during the rest of the week. Brilliant. 

Good luck,

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Many thanks Tom.  Very encouraging information.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for that but I was wondering if you register your S1 with a health centre here does it affect your standing with the NHS when you return to the UK?
2 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
(05-09-2020, 07:10 PM)Nemo4 Wrote: Thanks for that but I was wondering if you register your S1 with a health centre here does it affect your standing with the NHS when you return to the UK?

The short answer is yes.  From what I was told by Newcastle when we applied for our S1's once you register them in the Spain health system the system notifies the NHS and you get taken of your local GP panel in the UK. You can still use the local UK GP practise for emergencies as can any foreign visitor when in the UK
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
John is correct in that you are requested to notify your GP so you are removed from his/her list but that is only so the NHS don't keep paying him for your care. 

As a visitor to the UK you can register as a temporary resident on any GP list. You remain eligible for any routine NHS treatment and can arrange to return to the UK for any preplanned surgery etc.

Tom
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for that info.
2 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
Tom is absolutely correct we have letters from Newcastle that clearly state, that should we wish to return to the UK for any procedure, we are entitled to do so.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Anyone know if the same system will be in force for new resident applications in 2021 after Brexit?  I haven't seen any references to this anywhere
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
We are trying to register my wifes S1 at the moment.
The problem is obtaining a cita previa.
One website auto reply You are not registered!!
National phone line "go on line"
local phone numbers nada
waiting at this moment for follow up where I am her rep as I am registered(ie Email acknowledged) that was on friday so fingers crossed.

On another note a good summary from Cot Tom re UK NHS if registered here.
2 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Register to vote Cotillo_Tom 2 1,843 19-10-2022, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  Do I have to register for Padron beachlife 18 5,169 07-06-2022, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Pete Garyga
  Register your S1 Form online Cotillo_Tom 0 3,148 13-08-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Cotillo_Tom
  British People Can Vote in Spain (if on the electoral register) after March 29 Captain Sensible 21 12,167 03-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible