This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
their spain brits invitation demand accommodation may confirms not prove letter

Spain confirms that it may – or may not – demand the invitation letter from Brits to prove their accommodation really is
We nave some friends who have a holiday home here, and frequently allow members of their family use of it, they are currently under the impression that this is no longer allowed as they are not residents, has any one any idea if this is in fact the case, as I cannot see the logic of such a rule.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(20-11-2021, 06:37 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: We nave some friends who have a holiday home here, and frequently allow members of their family use of it, they are currently under the impression that this is no longer allowed as they are not residents, has any one any idea if this is in fact the case, as I cannot see the logic of such a rule.

I don't think that's true. Who told them that?
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(20-11-2021, 06:40 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote:
(20-11-2021, 06:37 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: We nave some friends who have a holiday home here, and frequently allow members of their family use of it, they are currently under the impression that this is no longer allowed as they are not residents, has any one any idea if this is in fact the case, as I cannot see the logic of such a rule.

I don't think that's true. Who told them that?

I have absolutely no idea Stephen, sounds like bar room garbage to me.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I know where this is from, I'll dig out the ref later when I'm on my laptop!
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Spain confirms that it may – or may not – demand the invitation letter from Brits to prove their accommodation really is with friends or family – Janet Anscombe

This may help
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
4 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
I think they may have misunderstood the visitor rules post Brexit.  As non-residents, they can stay here for 90 days in 180 days as tourists.  From next year they will require a Visa. Details haven't been published yet, unless I've missed them, but I hear they will be £7 each.  

To remain here longer than 90 days in 180 days, they should have applied for residency. They can still do that, but the qualifications for non-EU residents are considerably tougher than for EU residents.

Tom.
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(20-11-2021, 08:18 PM)classic Wrote: Spain confirms that it may – or may not – demand the invitation letter from Brits to prove their accommodation really is with friends or family – Janet Anscombe

This may help

Thanks Classic - that's what I had in mind!

I have the details that the National Police issued in July 2021 but it's a protected pdf and I can't copy the text or save it as anything else - working on it!

Edit: having read Janet's article I'll leave that as the reference. If anyone needs the detail on how to apply for a 'letter of invitation' for a guest please pm me and I'll email you the pdf.
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone, I have managed to print the relevant section of Janet Anscombe's article.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(20-11-2021, 09:14 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote:
(20-11-2021, 08:18 PM)classic Wrote: Spain confirms that it may – or may not – demand the invitation letter from Brits to prove their accommodation really is with friends or family – Janet Anscombe

This may help

Thanks Classic - that's what I had in mind!

I have the details that the National Police issued in July 2021 but it's a protected pdf and I can't copy the text or save it as anything else - working on it!

Edit: having read Janet's article I'll leave that as the reference. If anyone needs the detail on how to apply for a 'letter of invitation' for a guest please pm me and I'll email you the pdf.

Please Tamara it could be helpful
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
If possible, upload it here Tamara, please. I'll have a look if I can unlock the protection.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ‘Car tax’ letter from ayuntamiento gattaca66 0 561 13-11-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: gattaca66
  Residency letter Witmaj 18 7,260 05-01-2021, 01:45 PM
Last Post: McAdam
  Foreign Office Open Letter windermeregolfer 6 3,847 19-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Sam