This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbarato - Chinese shop in Poligono Industrial El Matorral
Just an update on the other Superbarato shop. Got some sustrato compost for my new trees. Yep, it's 50% off. Noticed what appeared to be traders buying up bulk boxes of towels and what looked like soccer scarfs and shirts etc. All at 50% off.
Maybe they are thinking of closing down, as it was busier than the new one.
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Does anyone know how long the 50% off is going to be on? Also, how the shop inside looks like? Are they filling the empty spaces with new products? I would love to see some indication that they are there to stay to compete with the new (China Town) shop rather than just to close down completely. Although, they should change their attitude towards the customer too. I can't remember any smile or greeting at the till the last time we've been there.  Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(22-11-2018, 04:18 PM)Sam Wrote: Does anyone know how long the 50% off is going to be on? Also, how the shop inside looks like? Are they filling the empty spaces with new products? I would love to see some indication that they are there to stay to compete with the new (China Town) shop rather than just to close down completely. Although, they should change their attitude towards the customer too. I can't remember any smile or greeting at the till the last time we've been there.  Huh

You want a smile as well?  Some people are never satisfied! Wink
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Have been in this shop yesterday (first time since they introduced the 50% off) and realised that the back of the shop has been slightly extended and there was some noise indicating work being done in the storage. Wouldn't expect them to invest should they plan to leave. Or are they planning to change the inventory in the future and that's the reason why they decided to run the promo? Or just to make it much harder for the China Town to take the new shop off the ground?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Those new sections have been in for a while Sam. They weren’t there when we were out in April but had appeared by our September trip   Wink Wink
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Ron. We don't shop there that often as I thought we do.

Still not sure about the noise/works being carried out behind the wall, though. I'll check it out in a couple of weeks again. Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The only time I go in there is to buy things like paper for my computer, they stock/used to stock 2 type one in a brownish wrapper and is labelled "Copimax Executive" and another in a blue wrapper I always bought the brownish one as I believed rightly or wrongly it was better quality, I bought a pack circa 6 weeks ago at a cost of 4.90€ I am certain of that as I still have the wrapper, I went in yesterday, there was none of my usual one there, the blue one was priced at 6.95€, apply the 50% off = 3.475€, slightly cheaper than the paper China Town sells, I cannot be 100% certain, but I am sure they have increased the prices on some items,has anyone any thoughts on this?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(02-12-2018, 08:26 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: ... I cannot be 100% certain, but I am sure they have increased the prices on some items,has anyone any thoughts on this?

Archer mentioned a similar price increase a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it could be possible, especially with the fast selling stock. At the end of the day, every single shop is after your Money. Situation like this always remains me the "Every little helps. " from Tesco's adverts.  Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(02-12-2018, 08:52 AM)Sam Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 08:26 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: ... I cannot be 100% certain, but I am sure they have increased the prices on some items,has anyone any thoughts on this?

Archer mentioned a similar price increase a couple weeks ago. I'm sure it could be possible, especially with the fast selling stock. At the end of the day, every single shop is after your money. Situation like this always remains me the "Every little helps. " from Tesco's adverts.  Big Grin

Agreed, the point really was while this is probably legal here, it is illegal in the UK. and was just a heads up. it cannot be sustainable to operate at 50% off on their normal prices for any length of time.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Had a similar experience buying storage boxes. 

The size I wanted was €24.95 in Superbarato with 50% off meaning it was 12.50 at the end of the day. China Town has the same size for either €14.89 a, so it does work out a little cheaper, but it's nowhere near the savings it seems like it is. I highly doubt the new shop was able to come in and undercut their existing prices by 40%, so I would guess they've definitely marked things up for the 50% sale.

Some items are definitely still cheaper than the new store, but it might not be the bargain it seems! Worth taking a look in both, IMO. Superbarato has better prices, but China Town has better variety of stock, and is (for now) much cleaner and less dusty.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercadona - Poligono Industrial El Matorral Sam 30 16,135 27-04-2023, 04:40 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  IKEA - a new shop and cafe Captain Sensible 3 1,114 26-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Fran Y Chemi - Poligono Industrial El Matorral Sam 14 8,535 07-07-2022, 08:40 PM
  Lidl on the Costa de Antigua Industrial Estate Captain Sensible 83 28,050 03-12-2021, 02:07 PM
  Is there to be a New British Food Shop in Corralejo? OMR + MIN 10 8,471 18-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Last Post: OMR + MIN