This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
fuerte whale sperm spotted cachalot

'The sperm whale ''cachalot'' spotted in Fuerte
I have just seen photos of a huge sperm whale (on Facebook) spotted in Fuerte over the weekend. Unfortunately it doesn't say where exactly it was.

The sperm whale or cachalot is the largest toothed whale, with adult males measuring up to 20.5 metres long and weighing up to 57,000 kg.

Have you ever been on whale watching in Fuerte Dolphin Dolphin Dolphin  (I know this is a dolphin Big Grin )?
I need a six month vacation twice a year Cool
2 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
Can you give us a link to the Facebook item?
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(05-11-2018, 08:34 PM)bedouin Wrote: Can you give us a link to the Facebook item?

Here is the FB link there are some photos of the whale, looks huge.
4 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
Yes, it does look huge!
Reply Quote
Today they have appeared in the waters of La Gomera.
2 users say Thank You to Mia for this post
Reply Quote
Have you ever been on whale watching in Fuerte Dolphin Dolphin Dolphin  (I know this is a dolphin Big Grin )?

Yes, many years ago, before I had a digital camera. I used up all my roll of 36 shots on a whale that was about 50M away. It then dived and came back up right beside the boat! I was so cross with myself  Angry Big Grin . Great day though, even if my pics weren't worth the paper they were printed on. We were lucky with the Weather on the day we went. I imagine it could get a bit chilly on a cloudy day.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Digital cameras (especially those in our phones) makes things much easier. I used to have an analogue camera myself. For 12 shots only. Every shot had to be the "perfect one" before I even considered to "fire it up". Impossible to do with any animal because they are almost as unpredictable as women Big Grin

...I'll get my coat. Sad
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(06-11-2018, 12:10 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Have you ever been on whale watching in Fuerte Dolphin Dolphin Dolphin  (I know this is a dolphin Big Grin )?

Yes, many years ago, before I had a digital camera. I used up all my roll of 36 shots on a whale that was about 50M away. It then dived and came back up right beside the boat! I was so cross with myself  Angry Big Grin . Great day though, even if my pics weren't worth the paper they were printed on. We were lucky with the weather on the day we went. I imagine it could get a bit chilly on a cloudy day.

We have been couple of times on whale watching in Tenerife. It is amazing to see them in their natural habitat. I would like to go on one in Fuerte for sure.
Reply Quote
"Benny the Beluga" the whale they found swimming in the Thames a few months ago. 
They believe is still in the there and maybe lost.  I know where i would rather be swimming
1 user says Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stranded beaked whale in Pozo Negro TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 298 25-12-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Fraser's dolphins spotted in waters off Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 237 17-10-2023, 08:30 PM
  Whale rescue Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 559 19-08-2023, 08:12 PM
  Dead whale found in Fuerteventura TamaraEnLaPlaya 12 10,168 01-09-2021, 11:04 PM