Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum. This is just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere on the island.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2021 january travelling europe

Travelling to Europe from 1 January 2021
Just received an email from EasyJet:

Quote:Following the UK leaving the EU, and the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020, it's important that you're aware of the changes in requirements that come into place when travelling to Europe from 1 January 2021, and how these may impact you if you're a British passport holder if you've got a trip booked or just planning ahead.

Here you'll find some key things to consider, along with links to the UK Government websites where you can find out more information.

Check your passport
You may need to renew your passport earlier if you're travelling from 1 January 2021.

On your day of travel you'll need your passport to both:
• have at least 6 months left on it
• be less than 10 years old (even if it has 6 months or more left on it)

For more information see here.
(Please note this does not apply where travel is to Ireland).

If your passport is burgundy or has ‘European Union’ on the cover, you can still use it after 1 January 2021 as long as it has enough time left on it. Otherwise you may not be able to travel to most EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.

To check your passport is valid for travel for where you're planning to visit, click here.

If you need to renew or replace your passport click here.
Other things to consider:

• If you're travelling for business there may be extra requirements to consider, find out more.

• The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), is valid up to 31 December 2020 (If you’re on a trip to Europe that starts before 1 January 2021, you’ll be able to keep using your UK issued EHIC until the trip ends). So it's more important than ever to make sure you're covered by reviewing your travel insurance/healthcare cover before you go, particularly where you have any pre-existing medical conditions.  

• You may also need extra documents if you're driving while you're away, find out more. Check if you need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive to some EU and EEA countries, this can be purchased for £5.50 at the Post Office with a full UK driving licence.

• If you're travelling with a recognised guide or assistance dog, there are specific requirements to consider too. Find out more. For further information on travelling with a guide or assistance dog visit our website.

• Additionally, always check the latest 'Foreign travel advice' in advance and just before you travel.

When these new changes come into place, we recommend you allow enough time at the airport to get through security and passport controls.

Biosecurity measures and local government requirements

Your safety and wellbeing is important to us. During these challenging times, it's particularly important in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic that you check local government and public health websites for the relevant information on travel requirements and restrictions and follow their advice. For further information to help prepare you for travel, see our biosecurity measures and country-specific travel information pages.

We hope that this information helps you prepare and look forward to welcoming you on board the next time you fly with us.
I Heart Fuerteventura
6 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
To add to this some confirmed items of interest:

Official Text:
UK nationals no longer have the freedom to work, study, start a business or live in the EU. 
UK visitors to the EU need a valid passport; visas are required for stays over 90 days in a 180-day period; additional border checks; EU pet passports no longer valid

If you are entering the EU on a Business trip you may need a separate visa. For attending conferences or meetings, this may not be required. Check the EU Visa types for more information.
If you are doing a working holiday (travelling somewhere sunny for winter and working from home for a few weeks) this is classified as Work, for which you "legally" need a visa....
Many EU countries require 3rd nation nationals to register themselves within X amount time if their stay is above X days/weeks. You will need to follow the local guidelines for each member state.

Please take keen note of the 90/180 rule. Since border checks will come into effect, this information can and will most likely be tracked.
It is your legal obligation to keep track of your rules/dates, and if you overstay you are likely to be faced with a fine and a short travel ban. (Officials will also track, but they won't tell/warn you if you are close to breaking the time limits)
This is the same system that's in place between the EU and many other 3rd party countries.
The 180 day period is a rolling period within the whole EU. This means you cant count future days in the 180 days, and only the previous 180 days are taken into account (of which you can not stay more than 90 days total in the EU, regardless of which country or countries you are in/hop between).

Source: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscor...ip_20_2531
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote

Forum Jump: