This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
european elections voting

Voting in European elections
Hi folks,

A question! I can find lots of info on the EU page and Spanish pages about how to register to vote etc (I am an EU citizen) but precious little about the actual format of the vote.

Is it tick one preferred candidate, or select a number in order of preference as in proportional representation, or what? How many votes can you give?

Grateful for advice!

Bill
1 user says Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote
It's a 'party list' system, so you vote for a party, not an individual and you don't get any choice in the order in which the parties have listed the candidates.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you, Tom. So we literally just tick one party then - that’s great, thanks.
Reply Quote
There's no ticking or putting crosses. Each party has a coloured paper, so you choose the coloured paper for the party , put it in an envelope which then goes into the ballot box.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Ah I see! Simple (though maybe not as private lol).

Thanks for this - it was difficult to find a simple explanation online. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
The colours indicate what you are voting for in a combined election, not the party. As an example, votes for (say) La Oliva are yellow, for the Cabildo are green, the Canarian Government are pale blue and the Spanish parliament are white. (I'm just guessing the colours here).

All the parties with candidates for La Olivia, all have the same colour voting papers and envelopes. You select the voting paper for the party you want to vote for inside the voting booth (a much larger booth than used in the UK) and you place it into the same colour envelope. Then you Exit the booth with the closed envelope and deposit it in the correct ballot box.

No issues with revealing who you have voted for to anyone.

Tom.

Vague memory that the La Olivia papers were pink or red.
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
ok thanks, as long as they're clearly marked I should be able to work it out! cheers both.
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voting in UK General Elections TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 241 17-01-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  ETIAS - European Travel Information and Authorization System geordiediver 3 4,870 22-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Last Post: McAdam