Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
their where locals have weddings

Where do the locals have their weddings?
I am considering getting married in Fuerteventura in 2020 and I would love to know what a typical local wedding would consist of and what venues are popular for locals.
2 users say Thank You to 2020Bride for this post
Reply Quote
Information here about weddings on Fuerteventura: https://www.fuerteventuraguide.com/getti...teventura/
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum 2020Bride.

Currently, it is possible to have a legally recognized wedding in Spain only if one of the partners is resident in the country. If you're not living in Spain for at least a couple of years (I could be wrong), you can't have a legally recognised wedding in Fuerteventura.

Catholic Church could be the only exclusion of this rule but I don't have too much knowledge on that.

If your wedding is only Blessings following a Register Office Wedding in the UK (or your country of residence) first; then I would say a Beach Wedding is probably the best option.

I won't be able to help with the "typical" local wedding in Fuerteventura as I never attended on on the island, perhaps someone else can help with that, just wanted to explain a bit the legal situation.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Reverend Bob Horrocks is an Anglican Chaplain who can carry out a Wedding Blessing. 
www.fuertechurch.org
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Beach Weddings (or the blessing of a marriage on a beach), has become somewhat more difficult!!

I understand that a number of permits are now required,  not too sure exactly how many or where from, but failure to get the correct permits may result in a €5,000 fine.

So, if you are planning an on the beach event, please make sure your wedding planner, or who ever, gets all the right permits. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Definitely saw a ceremony of some sort (perhaps wedding blessing or vow renewal if legal marriages aren't permitted) taking place on the beach near the shopping centre in Caleta recently! I think some people also get married in the little church in Las Salinas, maybe?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
There was a wedding fayre in Corralejo over the weekend.  The first one ever.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote