This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
their where locals have weddings

Where do the locals have their weddings?
I am considering getting married in Fuerteventura in 2020 and I would love to know what a typical local wedding would consist of and what venues are popular for locals.
2 users say Thank You to 2020Bride for this post
Reply Quote
Information here about weddings on Fuerteventura: https://www.fuerteventuraguide.com/getti...teventura/
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum 2020Bride.

Currently, it is possible to have a legally recognized wedding in Spain only if one of the partners is resident in the country. If you're not living in Spain for at least a couple of years (I could be wrong), you can't have a legally recognised wedding in Fuerteventura.

Catholic Church could be the only exclusion of this rule but I don't have too much knowledge on that.

If your wedding is only Blessings following a Register Office Wedding in the UK (or your country of residence) first; then I would say a Beach Wedding is probably the best option.

I won't be able to help with the "typical" local wedding in Fuerteventura as I never attended on on the island, perhaps someone else can help with that, just wanted to explain a bit the legal situation.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The Reverend Bob Horrocks is an Anglican Chaplain who can carry out a Wedding Blessing. 
www.fuertechurch.org
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Beach Weddings (or the blessing of a marriage on a beach), has become somewhat more difficult!!

I understand that a number of permits are now required,  not too sure exactly how many or where from, but failure to get the correct permits may result in a €5,000 fine.

So, if you are planning an on the beach event, please make sure your wedding planner, or who ever, gets all the right permits. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Definitely saw a ceremony of some sort (perhaps wedding blessing or vow renewal if legal marriages aren't permitted) taking place on the beach near the shopping centre in Caleta recently! I think some people also get married in the little church in Las Salinas, maybe?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
There was a wedding fayre in Corralejo over the weekend.  The first one ever.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote