This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
certificates travel sensitive

Are travel certificates date sensitive?
(11-09-2023, 04:06 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: The travel cert is only valid for 6 months and must be valid at date of travel. Get a new one to be safe!
Tom mentioned needing to be resident for 5 years to qualify - this has not been my experience when helping friends. Resident is resident in my experience, 1 day or 10 years, no difference. But, I don't know what the 'official' line is.

Our certificate is dated 22/11/22 which we got for our visit to the mainland with Armas over Christmas. We subsequently traveled to GC and LZ in May and June on Fred Olsen and Armas without any problems.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
But Vueling have asked for proof and your 'proof' is out of date. I wouldn't risk it and would get a new certificate de viajé.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(12-09-2023, 03:03 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: But Vueling have asked for proof and your 'proof' is out of date. I wouldn't risk it and would get a new certificate de viajé.

Is there a difference between certificate de viaje and certificate de residencia? We were given the latter when we asked last year.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I've always had 2 different certificates from the ayuntamiento:

1. The certificate that states I'm on the Padron.

2. The certificate that states I am entitled to travel discounts.

My latest 'travel' certificate is headed 'Certificado de Residencia Para Viajes' and as normal states that it is valid for 6 months from date of issue.

These are La Oliva ayuntamiento certificates, other areas may have different certificates?
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Just back from La Gomera (in this heat a bit stupid,I know)
We took new viajes just in case.
I asked the check in desk if they want our"viajes" and the young lady obviously realising we were not natural Spanish speaking took the mick in a lovely manner playing on the word viajes.
After she had completely lost us she then switched to impeccable english and told us that the wording on the back of our TIE plus the date of issue confirmed we could obtain a discount.
Plus we were on Binters data base from more than 5 years ago.
She did concede that as an insurance it might be prudent to get the cert from the Ayuntamiento.
She then printed our boarding cards saying it was easier than on the app,which sometimes does not work
We flew via GC ,so 4 flights and only used TIE and boarding cards.
Even the Guardia at security on return only wanted TIE.
Lovely holiday just too damned hot,even the forests were drying up before our eyes and mid week they closed all the trails.
4 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote