This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
fuste population caleta

Population of Caleta de Fuste
I have read that the population of Caleta is 6,000.  Does anyone know more details?  Is this the figure for permanent residents, or does it include the tourist population or not as the case may be.
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Emmi,
Has to be permanent residents. No way 6000 would cover all in the busy periods 😁😁
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
You would have that amount of people outside the fado rock on a busy evening 😁
2 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote
(20-07-2019, 09:23 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: I have read that the population of Caleta is 6,000.  Does anyone know more details?  Is this the figure for permanent residents, or does it include the tourist population or not as the case may be.

Based on the fact that Windermere & Bowness on Windermere have a permanent population 12,173 I would say 6000 is the permanent population including the 2 Golf Course complexes.

Also when you consider that Barcelo have 887+ room and units that can accommodate up to 7 guests I suspect the visitors can could exceed 20,000
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
I think the resident population is around 6000 as there are about 12000 tourist beds.
The official figure for residents will depend on who is registered on the empadronamiento. I can imagine that quite a few are not registered and some won't have signed offer if they have returned to their country of origin.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Guardia Civil barracks in Caleta de Fuste TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 303 14-03-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Alberto
  Fuerteventura population TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 470 19-12-2023, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Urban art embellishes Caleta de Fuste TamaraEnLaPlaya 3 501 18-12-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Can the Man
  Puerto del Rosario population grows TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 1,150 21-02-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Population Figures 2020 Captain Sensible 1 3,072 10-08-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Captain Sensible