Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All tourist establishments will have to close within seven days
The Ministry of Health has ordered the closure of tourist accommodation establishments and declares the suspension of opening to the public, in accordance with article 10.6 of Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, declaring the State of Emergency. For the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19. The order will take effect from its publication in the BOE.

The concentration of people in tourist accommodation, which must share certain common spaces, implies an increased risk of contagion, which is why, given the situation of restriction in the mobility of people, it is necessary, to guarantee the containment of the pandemic, to proceed closing.

The order establishes the suspension of opening to the public of all hotels and similar accommodation, tourist accommodation and other short-stay accommodation, camping sites, caravan parks and other similar establishments, located anywhere in the national territory. Exceptionally, the provision of surveillance, security and maintenance services in these establishments is permitted.

It is allowed the opening to the public of those tourist establishments that host clients who, at the time of declaration of the state of alarm, are staying in a stable and seasonal manner, provided that their occupants have the infrastructure, in their own residential spaces, in order to carry out the activities of first necessity in the terms established by Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14.

The closure of these establishments will take place at the moment in which the establishment does not have clients to whom it must attend, and in any case, within seven Calendar days from the entry into force of the regulation.

These measures will last until the end of the declaration of the state of alarm and its possible extensions.

Courtesy of Diario de Fuerteventura.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Notices have gone up in a range of languages to inform any remaining guests of the hotel closures.

The English version:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
While I appreciate that this is a necessary and positive measure, how the hell is this going to be managed?

We got a notice from our community saying that all touristic VV and V rentals were cancelled unless they had a contract pre-dating March 14th. What happens when the 26th comes and there are people who haven't been able to get flights back and can't even get an Air BnB?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
I think when/if it gets to that point the government will have to step in & take over enough beds to house all that are left in a central location so easier to staff/maintain.
Relatively easy to take over a hotel or two depending on the numbers. I am sure they already have the powers if required
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Likely. I would not like to be in that position and have no control over where you're staying. 

God help them, my heart really goes out to them.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(21-03-2020, 12:54 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: I think when/if it gets to that point the government will have to step in & take over enough beds to house all that are left in a central location so easier to staff/maintain.
Relatively easy to take over a hotel or two depending on the numbers. I am sure they already have the powers if required

Read somewhere recently about somebody from Cabildo saying something like "no worries tourists, you're not going to sleep on the streets". So the plan is probably already in the pipes. Fingers Crossed
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The problem I see is sticking everybody in a crowded hotel and potentially feeding them is like creating a land based cruise ship.
1 user says Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
(22-03-2020, 04:01 AM)Will Wrote: The problem I see is sticking everybody in a crowded hotel and potentially feeding them is like creating a land based cruise ship.

Hope that's not the case. Until now the Canarian government's dealing with the virus in really serious way, following the rules of mainland even the spread of the pandemic is minimal in the Canaries, RN. Sometimes it looks like overkill (and some people complain about not being able to do this or that) but if the final result will be one extra life saved, it was a good decision. I would expect a similar approach in this case. After all, they want to take extra care of the tourists as they will be the biggest help to the economy, once this all blows over.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
There is now an official list of hotels/apartments that can stay open in Spain to cater for people that cannot return to their homeland.

There are 3 establishments on Fuerteventura:

1. Hotel Tamasite in Puerto del Rosario
2. Caleta Dorada apartments in Caleta de Fuste
3. Fuertesol Apartments in Caleta de Fuste

https://www.noticiasfuerteventura.com/fu...6Q6hy5PalM
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The two in Caleta are the little chalet-style self-catering ones, I think? So that should avoid the issue of group meals increasing infection, etc.

Smart choice.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another €2 million for tourist infrastructure... bedouin 6 3,821 20-06-2019, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Sam