This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
barranco pecenescal

Barranco de Pecenescal
Hi everyone. The walk/climb along the barranco from by the goat farm to the top of the ridge overlooking the west coast is one of my favourite walks for the sunsets that you get there. I used to park by the goat farm where the track forked with the left fork being signposted up the barranco. Now that the new FV2 has been built it looks as though it has cut off vehicle access to that area - at least the last time that I was there in May '23 I couldn't see a clear way to get to that parking spot. So where do you park now if you want to do that walk? If I need to park close to the FV2 then it will mean that I need to time things to give me the extra daylight so that I can still arrive at the top of the ridge for sunset. I'll be back there in November and be looking to do that walk at least once while I'm on the Island.
Keith
2 users say Thank You to Keithal for this post
Reply Quote
Are you coming from the north or south on FV 2? if coming from the north there is an exit and access on that side of the FV2 which may allow you to get to where you want.

Also check google earth and scroll in that area as there appears to be a dirt track that goes under the FV2 from the exit on the north bound side that takes you to the Playa de Sotavento.

Hope that helps.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Hi John, thank you for the response.

I'd be coming from the north and turning off at the mini roundabout by Casas de Pecenescal. I suppose the pull-in and roundabout is the replacement for the "lay-by" and bus stop that used to be there. What looks like an unmade track on the Google Earth map is a concrete cycle and pedestrian walk-way with (supposedly) no vehicular access - at least that's what it appeared to be when I was there in May. If that is the case, I didn't have much time to do any real exploring of the possibilities last time, then it looks as though they have cut off access to the area where folk doing the walk up the barranco to the ridge used to park, as well as cutting the access to the goat farm. I suppose it's possible that the farm has ceased operation now and rebuilt elsewhere in the area, there is enough open space there for that. It looks as though coming from the north I'll be looking to park somewhere on one of the tracks off the mini roundabout and have somewhat further to walk.

The other thing that the new road has done is stopping you coming from by the Casas de Pecenescal and turning across the FV2 to head back north. You now have to continue south to the next junction which is by Salmo, do the double loop round the underpass and then rejoin the FV2 to come back north. Coming from the south I think you'd be looking to park on the road down to Risco del Paso beach and then start the walk from there. To go back south from there you'd need to go up to the Costa Calma junction on the FV2 and then double back from there. Got a feeling that the Barranco de Pecenescal walk will be very quiet from now on as access is nowhere near as easy as it was.
3 users say Thank You to Keithal for this post
Reply Quote