This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best pint of Guinness?
Normally London residents, we've had an extended stay in Fuerte since before Christmas. We've been extremely cautious during this pandemic - only eaten out twice since it all started (both times outdoors lunch at the excellent La Jaira de Demian in Puerto). As everyone else you do get various cravings during a year-long pandemic; one of my many is a pint of Guinness! Boris is opening the schools again so it seems like we've gotta return to the UK soon, but I was thinking I'd risk having a pint of Guinness before going back!

So, at present, what's the best pint of Guinness to be had in Caleta? Outdoor/open air setting pretty much a requirement!
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
2 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
There’s only one place - The Step Inn owned by Keith and Peter Brown. Just up the road from Fado rock steak house.

You can get a nice Slane Irish whiskey chaser.
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
(23-02-2021, 08:31 PM)Can the Man Wrote: There’s only one place - The Step Inn owned by Keith and Peter Brown. Just up the road from Fado rock steak house.

You can get a nice Slane Irish whiskey chaser.

Thanks! 

One of the first places I went to in Caleta was O'Connor's, to watch the Football. It's pretty good for that with lots of screens, so I kept going back there. However, the food is pretty poor and ambience/service average (with the notable exception of two friendly staff). So it's time to try somewhere new next time I'm going to Caleta - The Step Inn sounds like it fits the bill!

My window of opportunity this time around is quickly narrowing so all being well I'll try head down this evening  Smile
2 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote
yeah the Step Inn is good
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Good grub in the Step Inn also.
If you like a pint watching footy or rugby the Step has it all showing, also horse racing and the possibilities to place bets.
Reply Quote
So I did check out The Step Inn last Wednesday - a very positive experience. Thoroughly enjoyed a a few pints of Guinness and had a lovely Scampi meal too. Very friendly service. Will definitely return in the future!

3 users say Thank You to Rome77 for this post
Reply Quote