This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
chicago restoration mill adapted

Chicago Mill adapted in restoration
Radio Sintonia:

The landscape, preserve the landscape where stands the house that he has restored and inherited from his grandparents, built in Goroy (Puerto del Rosario) 200 years ago. This was the engine that led Raúl Morales, to adapt the traditional mill of Chicago, common in the geography of Fuerteventura, so that it converts the wind that moves its blades into energy.

Raúl, a mechanic by profession, tells on the radio, in La Rosa de Fuerteventura, that he restored his grandparents' house built about 200 years ago, where he currently lives. "I found myself with the problem that the power line did not arrive, so I had to opt for the installation of photovoltaic panels with batteries. In addition, I had to attach a mill so that at night, which is not sunny, I could get energy." "I could have bought a conventional wind turbine, but because of the environment and the architecture of the house, I thought that the best thing would be a mill in Chicago, which is what you see in the landscape of Fuerteventura."

And he got to work. The mill has 4 m in diameter and a 3000 W alternator that charges the batteries of the house. Regarding the process, he points out that "[b]I started a few years ago. In principle I built a smaller mill of 3 m in diameter, with which I was testing and testing and a series of problems arose. I parked it for a while and picked it up again correcting mistakes. I was finally able to get it by optimizing it quite a bit."
[/b]

"I'm super happy with the result, very good, really," says Raúl, who does not hesitate to highlight the advantages of his invention, "it is a fairly slow mechanic, it is not noisy like conventional ones, and aesthetically I find it much more beautiful. And the best, with a very gentle breeze is able to generate energy"
The guest this week in the Rose of Fuerteventura leaves a reflection around renewable energies and is that his opinion [b]"if we look at the world around us, we see that energy and water are the two most disputed elements, and Fuerteventura goes to the top of sun and wind", recalls our guest. "We just need to convert it into electricity. And we are surrounded by water, it is salty, but there are also the necessary tools to separate it," he concludes.[/b]

[b]Gestures like Raúl's, where human sensitivity and inventiveness are mixed, tells us about citizens concerned about not breaking with their presence the fragile landscape of a Fuerteventura increasingly wounded by the action of man.[/b]

[b]link to article for pics[/b]
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote