This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
concessionary passes bus

Concessionary bus passes
!Feliz año nuevo!

I understand that the TIADE bus company operate a number of concessionary bus passes for residents.

Has anyone navigated the process?  

I have been told we need to go to the town hall for some paperwork, (no idea what it is called) also another advised  to the Cabildo offices in Puerto, also a passport sized photograph may be needed,  but I was also told the bus drivers can issue the cards. Very confusing!

Can anyone clarify, please?    We are in Caleta.

Thank you in anticipation.
2 users say Thank You to geordiediver for this post
Reply Quote
The process starts with an application form from the Cabildo "Bono Transporte Fuerteventura" (I can't attach a copy, as that isnt allowed).

http://www.cabildofuer.es/cabildo/areas-...icaciones/
About three quarters of the way down the page, click on 'Solicitud de alta en el sistema de tarjeta nominada sin contacto'

With that form, you need:
NIE, TIE or Passport.
Certificate of Empadron.
Photo (3cm x 2.5cm).

Then you book an appointment at your local Cabildo Office. Online booking: https://citaprevia.cabildofuer.es/citapr...dCliente=2

Turn up, present documents, return when asked to collect card (usually 3 to 4 weeks). Card costs €5 to issue, valid for 5 years for residents. Pay bus driver to top-up your card, minimum €10, maximum €50, in multiples of €5.

Using the Bono card gets you a 50% discount on the usual cash fares. If you are a UK Pensioner, they will not issue you with a Pensioner Pass - you have to be in receipt of a Spanish Pension.

Hope that helps,

Tom.
5 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
We have had a Bono Card for some years and top it up on the bus. We have found it very useful. We're sure we bought ours on the bus for 2€. Some friends tried to do same yesterday but driver said he couldn't do. Anyone know where they can obtain one please.
1 user says Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
We have the Bono cards, the application process is as described by Tom.
There are different types of card listed here the "Residente Canario" was 20€ per month and allows free travel on the Tiadhe buses but for the last year has been 100% subsidised by the Spanish government and is therefore free (the driver tops up the card when it expires but there is no charge).
I was expecting this to finish at the end of 2023 but it seems to be continuing throughout 2024 according to this site https://diariodeavisos.elespanol.com/202...eficiaran/
Loving it  Cool

3 users say Thank You to Pete Garyga for this post
Reply Quote
Are the bus cards removed from purchase entirely, then? What about long-term non resident and frequent visitors, etc?
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
I still have my bono card and used it recently when over at Christmas including added €20 to it on the bus with the driver, It is a standard bono card no subsidised travel
1 user says Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Same here. We have been using ours for 4 weeks topping up on bus. Our friends haven't got one but would like to buy one but bus drivers don't seem to sell them anymore. May be Tiadhe have stopped selling them 🤷
1 user says Thank You to GSDGirl for this post
Reply Quote
The Bono Card gets you a 30% discount on the cash fares.

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(07-01-2024, 10:42 AM)GSDGirl Wrote: Same here. We have been using ours for 4 weeks topping up on bus. Our friends haven't got one but would like to buy one but bus drivers don't seem to sell them anymore. May be Tiadhe have stopped selling them 🤷

You will probably have to go into the bus station in PdR to get new cards if they are indeed selling them anymore.
Reply Quote
May help:

link to Tiadhe website

There is a customer service email address on the site.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote