Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
current travel uk

Current travel from/to UK
Hi all

Looking forward to an 18 day trip across September/October. What's the current travel experience like in respect of testing, paperwork and passport control?

Best regards
4 users say Thank You to cjm for this post
Reply Quote
Strongly advise you to go to www.gov.uk to check travel information, rather than taking it from any website.  

At the moment, but it changes frequently, no test required to arrive if you are double vaccinated for more then 14 days prior to departure.  Test required to fly hom afterwards.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tom
Just trying to get a feel for what it's like once you're checked in rather than the pre-travel requirements. Any delays, queues etc
1 user says Thank You to cjm for this post
Reply Quote
This is a very fair question - relevant to anyone hopeful of visiting in the near future. It would be nice to know.
In the absence of any definitive replies beforehand, I hope to fly out on 31 August, dependent of course on Spain staying on the 'amber' list.
If we do, I'll let you know how we went on................
3 users say Thank You to Sam Cariss for this post
Reply Quote
Ah...... you mentioned testing, paperwork, passport etc., so I worked on that basis, but now you have clarified.  

Island is pretty busy, but it is August. Car Hire is the big issue.  Finding one is silly and when you do, the prices are astronomical!!  

Otherwise everything is almost normal, if anyone can remember normal!  Masks required in shops, public transport etc, but generally not worn (but always have one handy).  Officially you wear one outdoors unless you are 2m away from anyone not in your family or bubble, but hardly anyone does actually wear one in busy pedestrian areas.  

The restaurants and bars that survived are all open but currently closing a little earlier than normal.  No music at the moment, but that might change soon.  

We have had a rise in cases recently but still minimal compared to UK.

Hope that helps.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Yeh good point about car hire. Saw that elsewhere some time back and booked with Payless as usual and got a car ok at the usual price. Be a bit of a shock to the system having to queue up to check in as we normally check in on line and just breeze through with hand luggage. Got a colleague going to the peninsula next week so hopefully get an idea from him how long/laborious the processes are in the airport at each end. Although it's some weeks away I'll post our experiences as it may help someone in the future manage their expectations.

Best regards
4 users say Thank You to cjm for this post
Reply Quote
(21-08-2021, 01:05 PM)cjm Wrote: Yeh good point about car hire. Saw that elsewhere some time back and booked with Payless as usual and got a car ok at the usual price. Be a bit of a shock to the system having to queue up to check in as we normally check in on line and just breeze through with hand luggage. Got a colleague going to the peninsula next week so hopefully get an idea from him how long/laborious the processes are in the airport at each end. Although it's some weeks away I'll post our experiences as it may help someone in the future manage their expectations.

Best regards

Pre COVID, we used to do about 10 Fuerteventura (or other Canary island) short stays per year. The rules to avoid the queues were simple, travel any day but Saturday. It was working pretty well.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(20-08-2021, 06:44 PM)cjm Wrote: Thanks Tom
Just trying to get a feel for what it's like once you're checked in rather than the pre-travel requirements. Any delays, queues etc

We traveled to Fuerteventura at the beginning of June, less than 30 people on the plane, no queues at Gatwick whatsoever. The fast track wasn't operational but it wasn't an issue at all.

At FUE airport, just scanned the test certificate and we were good to go. Had to call to pluscar office (opposite the airport) because their rep wasn't even at the carpark 😆
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
The number of cases per 100,000 in the archipelago in the last 7 days has been published as 59.6,there now must be a possibility of Boris moving us to his Green list?
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I'd hazard a guess they'll look at the worst figures, ie Tenerife & GC.
1 user says Thank You to Joe Average for this post
Reply Quote