Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
doctors di change

How di we change doctors?
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but......how do we change doctors here?
We used to have a male doctor who spoke very good English at Antigua, but he left (believe he is now in PDR). The replacement doctor is female (my wife generally can't get on with them - even when we were still in the UK) and after two visits says she does not want to go back to her.
1 user says Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
My understanding is that you are entitled to change your GP after three months. You need to ask the staff at your health centre for a form to complete. I don't think you can choose which GP you want - only ask if it would be possible to change to a particular one.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
1 user says Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry, should have made it clear - change to a different surgery - is it the same?
Reply Quote
I would assume the process would be similar, but haven't any experience of it myself - sorry.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
1 user says Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Do you have more than one close by? or are you suggesting switching to a different town?
1 user says Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote
If you know the name of the doctor you want to change to, and he/she is in another health centre, all you can do is to request a change and ask if you can go to your named doctor.

Whilst yiu can request a change of doctor every 3 months, there is no guarantee that you will be allocated to the doctor of your choice. 

Tip: Go visit the surgery/health Centre that you would like to change to. Speak to the receptionist and find out if your chosen doctor is taking more on first. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(06-08-2020, 10:15 PM)Lexeus Wrote: Do you have more than one close by? or are you suggesting switching to a different town?

We would have to switch to PDR (or Gran Tarajal)
Reply Quote
(07-08-2020, 09:30 AM)TrickyFox Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 10:15 PM)Lexeus Wrote: Do you have more than one close by? or are you suggesting switching to a different town?

We would have to switch to PDR (or Gran Tarajal)

My gut instinct would be that moving to an office outside of your ayuntamiento would be immediately rejected without it being a special case with extenuating circumstances, but I use the private system so don't have much first hand experience.

I have a friend who is a receptionist in one of the centro de salud, I will try and remember to ask if I see her in the next few weeks. I have some sympathy for you, as I have had it with women doctors too, I have had 4 of which 2 (British) have caused me serious harm, 1 Spanish who said she spoke English but after two appointments I realised she didn't understand anything I had said, and 1 Spanish who also said she understood english but quickly back tracked and I switched to Spanish and she was great but I only saw her once in a/e.

I know my better half (who does use the public system) had her doctor changed last year to a women she didn't like, but the original guy came back this year and she is happy again.... so maybe time will fix the problem? Wink
4 users say Thank You to Lexeus for this post
Reply Quote