Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
increase islands canary vat iminent

Iminent Increase of VAT in The Canary Islands
I had an Email this morning from my electricity supplier, informing me that my Bill for January will be late due to an imminent increase of VAT in the Canary Islands,  anyone else heard anything about it?
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
The IGIC (VAT in the Canary Islands) will increase back to 7%. Current rate is 6.5%, reduced at the beginning of this year and the Canary government decided to change it again. So the new I.G.I.C. (IMPUESTO GENERAL INDIRECTO CANARIO), starting right after the New Year's Eve celebration, will be 7%.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks, Sam I never realised it had decreased in the first place Confused , that is going to increase my average bill by about 36 cents, Management will have to cut back on her hairdressing appointments Rolleyes
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Ouch! Thought the cut was originally aimed at cutting costs for tourists to address the slump in visitor numbers, never really bought into that argument. Seems a waste of time all round as admin costs to all the businesses must start to add up, except those that never passed the savings on of course.
1 user says Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2019, 03:11 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: Thanks, Sam I never realised it had decreased in the first place Confused , that is going to increase my average bill by about 36 cents, Management will have to cut back on her hairdressing appointments Rolleyes

🤣😂🤣😂 Nice one John !!
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote