Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
lengths wood

Lengths of wood
Hi All,

I’m wanting a couple of 3m lengths of 1x1 planed soft wood. Ideally decent quality non-warped stuff.

Ideal’s stuff is only 2.4m and bends all over the place.

Any recommendations please.

Thanks very much.

FV
2 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
Within the industrial estate behind Ideal, there are one ( or maybe) two good wood yards.  Sorry cannot be more specific but I have seen them when driving around the estate.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
There is a roundabout on the junction between Avenida Manuel Velazquez Cabrera and Calle barquillos in El Charco. The building is a light green colour - right next to this junction, quite a large wood merchant . 
Sorry - if that's too vague, but someone else may be able to give you the name.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
3 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
Head for Ideal in PDR, but don't turn right off the island up to Ideal, but go ahead. First left get you to Wood Supermarket (2nd or 3rd building on the right).  A fabulous timber yard. 

Alternatively,  pass that turning and after the next right, big ironmonger on the corner has a timber yard at the back.  Sorry, can't remember name of store but think it was a cream building frontage. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote

Thanks to all. Will give Tom’s suggestion a go.
2 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
There is somewhere called BrigoMG which should be located around where Tom mention (not sure if same place).
They have lots of stuffs, but you have to walk to back of the store to wood desk and ask to see the stock.
They have all sizes mounted behind you if you are at the wood desk.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Hi,

Thanks McAdam, that's the cream building I was describing. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(03-12-2020, 05:02 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Head for Ideal in PDR, but don't turn right off the island up to Ideal, but go ahead. First left get you to Wood Supermarket (2nd or 3rd building on the right).  A fabulous timber yard. 

Alternatively,  pass that turning and after the next right, big ironmonger on the corner has a timber yard at the back.  Sorry, can't remember name of store but think it was a cream building frontage. 

Tom.

The first one I believe is called LanzaFuerte or similar - it is between the Renault and Toyota garages. They also do kitchens and Fitted Wardrobes.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turned wood bannister spindles! gattaca66 8 2,251 07-03-2020, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Emmi Smith