This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
runabout cheap looking

Looking for a cheap runabout?
As per the title, we are looking for a small, cheap runabout for puttering to the shops and back. Taxis really getting difficult to get, and I'm fed up standing outside Mercadona every week waiting and praying.

If anyone knows anybody looking to shift a small, older car, please let me know? Don't want anything fancy and won't be using it for anything more than shopping runs.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
You could try Antigua Motors at the northern edge of the town. Miguel does speak English and often has some 'cheaper' cars.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
(15-12-2023, 02:46 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: You could try Antigua Motors at the northern edge of the town. Miguel does speak English and often has some 'cheaper' cars.

Going by Google, is that in Antigua town? Will maybe pop up and have a look next week if I can. Only realising now how incredibly badly serviced the centre of the island is by busses, since we've mostly been running just North/South along the FV2 all these years. Thank you for the suggestion, though; I will look into it!
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
I have an appointment at the health centre at 11:50, Monday should be there 20 minutes or so if you want a lift?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(15-12-2023, 05:56 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: I have an appointment at the health centre at 11:50, Monday should be there 20 minutes or so if you want a lift?

That's extremely considerate of you, but unfortunately I am currently waiting to hear about an appointment of my own that I probably won't get notice of until an hour or two beforehand —how convenient (!)— so can't exactly make concrete plans until I get it over with.

Very kind of you to offer, though; I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
I did send you a private message regarding my car. I am selling my property, so am happy to consider any offer. If you can contact me by private message of what range you are thinking about then I can consider if we can agree on a price.
1 user says Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(09-04-2024, 09:40 AM)beachlife Wrote: I did send you a private message regarding my car. I am selling my property, so am happy to consider any offer. If you can contact me by private message of what range you are thinking about then I can consider if we can agree on a price.

Have now responded (busy week, have not been online a lot, so sorry for the delay) but I have now purchased something. Interesting process buying here, and the prices are shocking! I think yours is very reasonable though, and you won't have a problem finding a buyer.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Have you considered checking out local classifieds or online marketplaces? You can often find affordable older cars that are perfect for quick shopping runs. Just be sure to give them a good look-over before making any decisions.
2 users say Thank You to Jmotter_pick for this post
Reply Quote
(23-04-2024, 07:00 AM)Jmotter_pick Wrote: Have you considered checking out local classifieds or online marketplaces? You can often find affordable older cars that are perfect for quick shopping runs. Just be sure to give them a good look-over before making any decisions.

Did look online, but wasn't in love with the idea of doing such a high value transaction with a total stranger! Don't know nearly enough about cars to feel comfortable with that, though I know people here seem to be comfortable with letting you take it to a garage for a check before selling. Have got something we're quite happy with now, though, so crisis averted.
Reply Quote