This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
mcshane american star ian movie

Movie - American Star (Ian McShane)
Noticias:

The trailer of the movie American Star makes you fall in love with the images of Fuerteventura.

Yesterday the trailer of the film American Star, shot entirely in Fuerteventura and starring the veteran Irish actor Ian Mcshane, was presented. The film, which will be released in 2024, narrates the adventures of a murderer who arrives in Fuerteventura and while waiting for his victim becomes obsessed with the island, its people and especially with the American Star, the ship that was shipwrecked on the island a few decades ago.

An assassin with one final mission arrives in Fuerteventura to kill a man he's never met. But the goal is delayed. Instead of following protocol, he stays, drawn by the island, the people, and a ghostly shipwreck.

When the target returns, the world has changed. Everything used to be simple, now nothing is. American Star is directed by Spanish editor and filmmaker Gonzalo López-Gallego, director of the films Nomads, King of the Hill, Open Grave, The Hollow Point and Backdraft 2 previously, in addition to the television series "Néboa" recently and other short films.

The screenplay is written by Nacho Faerna. Produced by Michael Elliott and Ian McShane. As far as we know, this hasn't premiered at any festival or anywhere else. IFC Films will release American Star in select U.S. theaters + on VOD soon in early 2024.

link to article for link to trailer
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Some very familiar locations! I saw the vehicles when they were near Lajares.

Link here direct to YouTube trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h873Tkv9S5E
3 users say Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote
The film is out now. Anyone wants to watch. Send me a pm with your email address.
2 users say Thank You to bookman451 for this post
Reply Quote
Just watched it. Enjoyed because of scenery, not a lot else going for it in my opinion.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
We watched it last night, and it’s certainly not what you’d call an ‘action movie’. It reminded me of the sort of art-house films we used to watch as earnest young adults, moody, dark, waiting for something to happen… Anyway, the Fuerteventura setting is magnificent, endless winding roads and sweeping mountains, ‘Boho’ bars, beaches. I’m not sure my wife would have watched past the first ten minutes - completely free of dialogue - if she wasn’t looking for places we recognise. A big plus was that it showed no tourist resorts other than the Oliva Beach hotel, and gave the overall impression that the island is all mountains, sand and beaches. I’m glad I’ve watched it, pleased to see the ‘real’ island getting some exposure, but was left feeling a bit disappointed.
3 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
Most of the 'hotel' filming was actually at the Tres Islas. The character said the Oliva Beach but it wasn't.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(29-01-2024, 09:36 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Most of the 'hotel' filming was actually at the Tres Islas. The character said the Oliva Beach but it wasn't.

Ah, yes, you are right. My wife thought they had it wrong, and we’ve been at Tres Islas quite a few times playing tennis there. They probably used a real, ordinary room too, not terribly ‘glamorous’!
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New movie 'Catching dust' filming on the island. Fuertegoat 1 1,774 09-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: motorhead
  Ian McShane shooting in Fuerteventura a movie called American Star Sam 15 7,794 26-03-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya