Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
passport control

Passport Control
Anyone returned from UK since Jan 1.  Was your passport scanned and/or stamped ?
1 user says Thank You to bookman451 for this post
Reply Quote
Mine was stamped when leaving FV. Don’t know about entering FV, sorry.
1 user says Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
Yes stamped on arrival on Jan 2nd
1 user says Thank You to Moonlight for this post
Reply Quote
Was scanned on arrival mid November and stamped on return mid January.
1 user says Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
Might need to get a passport with more pages next time I renew then if they are stamping in & out. In 10 years I will collect a lot of stamps for Fuerteventura once things back to normal. Then other countries as well.
1 user says Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(18-02-2021, 02:06 PM)FVmouse Wrote: Mine was stamped when leaving FV. Don’t know about entering FV, sorry.

Mine (UK) was stamped too, on the way to the UK. Was traveling with someone from EU and their passport wasn't.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Just returned via E jet only 30% full.

Interestingly even though we showed our TIEs our passports were still stamped. But it wasn't stamped leaving.
No electronic check seemed to be carried out purely the border guards eye.
Strangely I got a very resounding Thank you in English when he returned the TIE whereas other persons just got a grunt.

This all seems a bit hit and miss and I do wonder how it will affect changing a temp TIE to a permanent TIE with regards to permitted time out of Spain because we appear to have arrived here but never left!
1 user says Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome back David.

There is an electronic check on your comings and goings!  You submit API (Advance Passenger Information) in order to book your flight.  Previously this was not shared with the Canaries, as the organisation behind API (working on behalf of all the airlines) felt the computer system operating out here were lacking in any security.  A new system has now been installed and the information is now shared.

Further, passport scanners are in the process of being installed at boarder control (but there are a huge number needed, so it isn't happening overnight), so your passport will be scanned entering or departing, at some future point. 

Tom. 

PS the information about API comes from someone who works for the central body that handles all the information. I met him briefly last year when he came over to discuss computer requirements with the authorities.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(29-08-2021, 11:52 AM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Further, passport scanners are in the process of being installed at boarder control (but there are a huge number needed, so it isn't happening overnight), so your passport will be scanned entering or departing, at some future point. 

Will they be doing that with EU passengers too? I thought EU border crossings were supposed to be free of that sort of thing?
Reply Quote
Schengen area allows travel without a visa, a passport is still required, or other ID (eg National Identity Card).  The UK was in the Schengen area for a long time, but do you ever remember entering the UK without showing Passport Control or Boarder Control your passport?

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote