This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TUI Magic Life
I stayed there in 2017.  I knew the hotel was fairly big, but I hadn't realised just how enormous the site is! It's also built on a slope, so not only are there long distances to walk, there are also lots of steps and slopes to negotiate. I'm pretty fit, but found it a tiring place to stay in. With about 650 rooms, and with quite a lot of families staying, there could be 1500 people or so on site. Frankly, the place can't cope easily with the numbers of people. The main restaurant in the evening was complete mayhem, with a queue to get a table, and then there were lots of young kids running around screaming and bumping into people. Thankfully, there was an "adults only" section, but that was still noisy. The buffet food at dinner was OK, but I've had much better quality buffets in several cheaper all-inclusive hotels in Costa Calma. The breakfast buffet was, well, a breakfast buffet and it's hard to get that wrong. Bar service usually involved queuing, but the bar staff were pleasant and helpful, and I met some nice fellow guests.  Some nice touches were a self-service fridge with bottles of mineral water, a self-service coffee station, and a self-service fruit selection. The rooms are spacious and reasonably equipped. The shower was inside the bath, which I don't really like (maybe this has been changed in a recent refurbishment?). The rooms are spread around in about 20 blocks, each 3-storeys high. There can be some unwanted noise - there were kids running around the corridors screaming after midnight in the block I was in. I can't understand parents letting their kids do this, but I suppose different people have different standards. Although the hotel is next to the beach, it's on a cliff top, so there are lots of steps to get down to the beach (and the return trip uphill can be challenging!). The hotel is fairly isolated, so you'd need a car to get to places, although I imagine most guests stay put and use the all-inclusive facilities. That's a bit of a shame, as just a few miles away are some of the most stunning beaches you'll find in Europe. I chose to stay at Magic Life as it has a small naturist area with its own pool. However, it was a bit cramped, with rather too many sunbeds for the area available, and I ended up spending my days on the beautiful beaches nearby. So, in summary, if you want to take your kids to a place where they can tear around like loonies all day, and have the cost reassurance of all-inclusive, then Magic Life is OK. If you want somewhere more peaceful, go somewhere else!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote