This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TUI Magic Life
I stayed there in 2017.  I knew the hotel was fairly big, but I hadn't realised just how enormous the site is! It's also built on a slope, so not only are there long distances to walk, there are also lots of steps and slopes to negotiate. I'm pretty fit, but found it a tiring place to stay in. With about 650 rooms, and with quite a lot of families staying, there could be 1500 people or so on site. Frankly, the place can't cope easily with the numbers of people. The main restaurant in the evening was complete mayhem, with a queue to get a table, and then there were lots of young kids running around screaming and bumping into people. Thankfully, there was an "adults only" section, but that was still noisy. The buffet food at dinner was OK, but I've had much better quality buffets in several cheaper all-inclusive hotels in Costa Calma. The breakfast buffet was, well, a breakfast buffet and it's hard to get that wrong. Bar service usually involved queuing, but the bar staff were pleasant and helpful, and I met some nice fellow guests.  Some nice touches were a self-service fridge with bottles of mineral water, a self-service coffee station, and a self-service fruit selection. The rooms are spacious and reasonably equipped. The shower was inside the bath, which I don't really like (maybe this has been changed in a recent refurbishment?). The rooms are spread around in about 20 blocks, each 3-storeys high. There can be some unwanted noise - there were kids running around the corridors screaming after midnight in the block I was in. I can't understand parents letting their kids do this, but I suppose different people have different standards. Although the hotel is next to the beach, it's on a cliff top, so there are lots of steps to get down to the beach (and the return trip uphill can be challenging!). The hotel is fairly isolated, so you'd need a car to get to places, although I imagine most guests stay put and use the all-inclusive facilities. That's a bit of a shame, as just a few miles away are some of the most stunning beaches you'll find in Europe. I chose to stay at Magic Life as it has a small naturist area with its own pool. However, it was a bit cramped, with rather too many sunbeds for the area available, and I ended up spending my days on the beautiful beaches nearby. So, in summary, if you want to take your kids to a place where they can tear around like loonies all day, and have the cost reassurance of all-inclusive, then Magic Life is OK. If you want somewhere more peaceful, go somewhere else!
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
Noticias:

Health "cautiously suspends" the kitchen of a TUI hotel in Morro Jable.

The General Directorate of Public Health of the Government of the Canary Islands has decreed the "provisional precautionary suspension" of the kitchen of the Hotel Tui Magic Life Fuerteventura to find "deficiencies" in the conditions of cleanliness and hygiene, advances eldiario.com.

"This hotel complex is located next to Esquinzo beach, in Morro Jable, in the south of the island, and sits on an area of 98,000 square meters along its four floors, in which it has almost 700 rooms," explains the popular digital newspaper.

Sources close to the investigation explain that there could be other precautionary suspensions in 2 establishments on the island, one in the area of Tuineje and another in the municipality of Antigua, at this time Health has not confirmed these facts. (there will be enlargement)

According to Public Health the hotel "is within the period of correction" of this incidence, that is, it has a deadline to reverse the situation in its kitchens and improve its hygiene so that Health allows it to reopen normally this space, the rest of the hotel complex continues to operate normally. At the moment the food service is offered through a catering.

The hotel, explains Public Health, "is within the period of correction" of this incidence, that is, it has a deadline to reverse the situation in its kitchens and improve its hygiene so that Health allows it to reopen this space normally to its customers.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Noticias:

TUI affirms that the kitchen of the Hotel Magic Life of Esquinzo is already operational.

He attributes to "a technical defect" the closure by Health of the kitchen of the hotel that had difficulties to solve by "not finding some pieces in Fuerteventura"

NEWSROOMFUERTEVENTURA

"The kitchen of the Tui Magic Life Fuerteventura hotel is already operational and has resumed its activity under normal conditions," says the TUI hotel chain in a statement. It has been attributed to "a technical defect" the provisional closure from April 27 by Public Health, which detected "deficiencies" in the conditions of cleanliness and hygiene Eldiario.com.

The statement details that during a routine inspection "a technical defect was detected in the kitchen that prevented its use." Faced with this situation, "a series of corrections and technical adjustments were undertaken in a very short time", as well as "the acquisition of some parts that could not be found in Fuerteventura to correct the technical deficiencies".

The TUI chain adds that the holidays (May 1) and the weekend caused that the acquisition of the necessary pieces has taken "some time", so the opening of the kitchen has not been possible until the next business day, Tuesday, May 2, day from which the kitchen is already fully operational.

"In general, as part of our cooperation with the authorities of the island, we are in constant contact and participate in the regular checks and inspections of the various official bodies," TUI said in the statement.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Can't say I'm surprised. I saw cockroaches wandering around in the restaurant when I stayed there.
1 user says Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote